my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Give Me Strength... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Give Me Strength...
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 17, 2003 09:26     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh good lord no. The wife has forced me to just now buy two tickets to see Placebo in Brixton. And there's no getting out of the fact that one of those tickets is for me!

Still, it doesn't clash with Yngwie so things could be much worse.

|  IP: Logged
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 17, 2003 11:59     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good luck
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 17, 2003 12:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Emlyn, wasn't there a clause in your pre-nup about not having to attend these kind of events?
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted February 17, 2003 16:28     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know them, but here's their website: http://www.raft.vmg.co.uk/placebo/

Hope that helps.

Eclipse

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 17, 2003 16:45     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL Vodfan - why is Mtl the 5th ring of hell? Oh, and welcome to the nut barn.
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted February 17, 2003 17:28     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not saying that Mtl is the 5th ring of hell like it's a bad thing... it's just really cold and I think I have frostbite on my toe lol

Eclipse

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 17, 2003 18:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well this is only my 2nd winter in Mtl VF, but I've have to say your description is pretty acurate.
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted February 17, 2003 18:40     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well if you listen to the news around us like I have, you know that it's only getting worse... There's a snowstorm coming in from Boston... I wish I were in California dreading earthquakes, at least it would be warm
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 17, 2003 19:35     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I could pretty much adapt to CA weather right now.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 18, 2003 03:27     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Um...Placebo are like a shoegazer indie 3-peice with a Man-Girl on vocals, who minces about in his eyeliner. The lyrics are arse-clenchingly awful.

Having said that, 'Pure Morning' is a fucking great track, but then thats a remix.

I shall close my ears and think of Yngwie, the pork-pie loving Neo-God.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 18, 2003 05:11     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good luck. You'll need it. 'Shoegazers'...HAHAHA!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 18, 2003 08:08     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vodfan and Noitall, your complaints about the Montreal cold make me laugh! I live in Lac-Saint-Jean and I go to work à pieds! THAT'S cold!
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted February 18, 2003 09:24     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tu devras m'excuser Maldoror, j'oublie souvent que les autres regions du quebec sont plus froide qu'a Montreal...

En passant, tu devrais t'acheter une voiture pour travailler

~Eclipse~

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 18, 2003 09:54     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
J'ai déjà une voiture, mais je la laisse chez moi Je suis proche du centre-ville, j'économise l'essence et je fais de l'exercice. Génial!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 18, 2003 11:41     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maldoror, I am not sorry for you because of the cold, but because you live in the Lac reigion. Tu n'es pas sur la map ! Just kidding, I like Jq a lot!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 18, 2003 12:25     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well you know with forums like this one, everybody is on the map, you know! Even people from Montreal! Wow!
(Montréal, Montréal, c'est rienque des légendes! -RBO)
By the way, j'habite Alma.
Long live the VVF forum!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 18, 2003 12:36     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, Alma, that's even worse!! You're right tho, the cool thing about a forum is the mix. And Mtl, well, I could take it or leave it.
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted February 18, 2003 12:43     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was a time where I almost moved to the city of La Baie with an ex-boyfriend... Honestly? Sometimes I wish I had gone and other times I'm glad I'm still here. The thought of travelling through *Le Parc des Laurentides* - as beautiful and majestic as it is - is a fucking long trip!!!

I would definitely buy myself a chalet there someday... Just about anywhere in the Saguenay and Lac St Jean regions... nice looking men by the way

Eclipse

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 18, 2003 13:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, La Baie is nice, Jonquière is ugly, Chicoutimi is f**king boring, Alma is fun, lots of nice places around le Lac to have a peaceful chalet.

And about the men, well, ahem, thanks, I guess!

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted February 18, 2003 13:12     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Um... well, it would be nice to go back.. I don't know when I'll ever have the chance to go back there since I was basically just a *friend's girlfriend from way back when*, but I remember it fondly.

I've never been to Jonquiere or Alma, so I can't comment.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 18, 2003 13:35     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL VF, about the men of the Lac region. I guess they're *cough* ok. I almost had a heart attack when I drove through the Parc. It scared the shit out of me cause it was all twisty and winding and went on forever and ever and cars were always tailgaiting me which made me even more nervous. I don't think Junkytown is ugly Mal! The little downtown in cute, imo. As for Mtl, it has lots of good stuff that I enjoy but sometimes I find it dirty and depressing.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 18, 2003 13:42     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ugly or not, Jonquière sure is stinky!
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted February 18, 2003 13:54     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Parc can by scary sometimes, but there's a place right before the midway point where you can stay on the side of the road and look back from the way you came and you see all the mountains...it's very beautiful..

Of course my ex reminded me that when you need to dispose of things - such as a corpse - it is the right place. Tee hee!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 18, 2003 14:49     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny, I just had a conversation about the fact that many montrealers want to move to Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean to work. They want to get away from the big city, get closer to nature, and so on. I think that's great, cos around here we have to fight to get people to stay, and we have to work a lot to have a decent place to live, especially when it comes to culture and community. I don't think you have to fight for that in Mtl...

It's even harder when we see that Voivod made it by moving to Montreal, and that they are singing about moving to the big town: "Why don't we leave this old town..." But you know, they had to do it, it was a once in a lifetime shot!

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted February 18, 2003 15:00     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know it may seem a bit out of place to ask such a question, but do any of you know if Snake, Piggy or Away ever go back to their hometown once in a while?

I just can't imagine living without my family ... otherwise there are about 100 other places where I'd want to be.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan