my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Who should tour with Voivod?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who should tour with Voivod?
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted February 14, 2003 13:56     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to know who you think Vod should hit the road with? be it a: A Nu-Metal Band?, An Old-School Band? or just who? Please keep in mind who will/might be on the road this spring & summer. Band names please....
 |  IP: Logged
2scared2scream
VoivodFan
Member # 77

posted February 14, 2003 14:49     Profile for 2scared2scream   Email 2scared2scream     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funnily enough, my good friend Tom O'Brien plays Bass for UK sludgecore types Charger, and he said a couple of days ago that there was a strong possibility of them touring at least PART of Europe as support to Voivod. I of course made him SWEAR to take me on tour with 'em. otherwise, i'll kill him. fucking kill him. As for the rest of the world, it could be anyone! Mudvayne? Foo Fighters?Probably someone awful.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 14, 2003 14:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My first choices, as already posted before, are Mastodon and Enslaved! I think that would be a really cool and diverse package!

Judging from some of Newsted's more recent comments, I'd think they'd be touring with some more vital metal acts and that we are not at any risk of having to see them share a stage with Staind anytime soon.

I'd dig an old-school/new-school "real" metal combo, not unlike the Kreator/Destruction/Cephalic Carnage/December tour! A healthy dose of both thrash legends and up-and-coming metal!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 14, 2003 15:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
METALLICA
of course I'm a smart ass!

Death Angel
Overkill

this would show people that the old scholl metal gods still know how to SHRED with intellegence

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 14, 2003 15:30     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CELTIC FROST, OF COURSE!!!

I dunno if they can release their album that soon, but if this ever happens, I can kick my own ass in peace for the rest of my life for not being able to catch this "dream come true" tour.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 15, 2003 06:12     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod with Napalm Death. Two of my fave bands on one bill, it almost happened actually.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 15, 2003 06:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All I can say is that before that last Jason comment criticizing Metallica, I was really scared that they were gonna to jump on someone else's coatails and make themselves look pathetic(like foo fuckers). But I was so relieved to hear what Jason said and I know now he has to back it up.

Didn't he mention Entombed? I think more than anything else it has to do with scheduling right?? Seems like it would be a real pain in the ass to figure out.

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted February 15, 2003 12:56     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think a tour with Queens of the Stone Age would be a good bill. Or maybe Messuggah too.

When they play their home stomping grounds they could throw Mitsou and Roch Voisine in for warmups too! har har har

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 15, 2003 15:50     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Destruction, Cathedral and Mastodon. Diversity rules!
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted February 15, 2003 16:43     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Voivod should tour alone and do a 2 - 3 hour set.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 15, 2003 20:28     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with Väinemöinen all the way here.
I played some Mastodon during our Pokergame tonight and the other bastards i crushed accused me of cheating, they claimed that they couldn't concentrate?? And Destruction to speed things up...
They should bring the Frosties along too and teach them how to behave on the tourbus...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 16, 2003 20:16     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Fates Warning would be cool.

Only if they could do "The Ivory Gate of Dreams"

I love the "main-melody/riff" at the beginning,(with the classical guitars) then the middle, (with piano) and of course at the end! (with the electric/harmony gutars)

A very emotional piece!!!

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted February 16, 2003 20:38     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King Crimson
Voivod
Opeth
Enslaved

or

Queens of the Stone Age
Voivod
High on Fire
Lost Goat

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 17, 2003 04:51     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As long as they do a headline tour, I'll be happy. I wanna see a full set with all the classics! I'm also hoping they'll do a few festivals. That'd be cool, sitting out in the sun, drinking beer, smoking weed and listening to Jack Luminous swirl across the horizon!!! If only....
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 17, 2003 08:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Fates Warning would be cool.

That would be incredible!!! Double headliners!!!
Or maybe OSI, since their cd comes out in a week or 2 also!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan