my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Mixerman Diaries

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Mixerman Diaries
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 12, 2003 16:15     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This here is the story of an engineer recording what must be the most fucked-up, useless band in the world. Whether or not any of it's true, who knows? But it's absolutely compulsive reading - the kind of thing you have to read on the bog in case you 'push one out' from laughing so hard.

It's basically the size of a novel and it's as-yet unfinished.

Click here for the first part in LA:
http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/mm/week1/mm.php

And then the action moves to New York, here:
http://recpit.prosoundweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=3581

Mixerman has posted on his BB that he can't post anymore for now, for some legal reason, but that 'all will be revealed' soon. Enjoy - if you have nothing else to do at work today!

Better maybe to cut/paste it into Word and make the font bigger than bloody size 8. In fact, I've already done that so if anyone wants a 'collected' RTF version drop me an Email.

|  IP: Logged
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 12, 2003 16:46     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
absolute MUST read, do not miss this one, you will cry laughing, a classic in the making.
Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted February 12, 2003 16:51     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Emlyn, you must hang out over at Musicplayer or Prosound too. Over on those forums there was some speculation as to the identity of mixerman. I've kind of guessed that it was Kevin Shirley, though I'm not sure. I know mixerman was involved with a recent Aerosmith album and so was Shirley. Also, throughout the diary, mixerman mentions an upcoming obligation. Iron Maiden started recording their new album shortly after the diary stopped. Coincidence?

Anyways, it's a great read. Funny as shit!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 18, 2003 08:15     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, I almost missed this thread. Excellent reading, thank you for the link!!
FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted February 19, 2003 13:46     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mixerman is Eric Serafin. he's recorded brand new heavies, ben Harper, Pharcyde. I don't think he's done much metal.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 19, 2003 16:16     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanna know what band it is...
DrNerve
VoivodFan
Member # 199

posted February 19, 2003 17:28     Profile for DrNerve   Email DrNerve     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
those diaries are some funny shit. I really want to know what band this is as well.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 20, 2003 04:53     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone got to the end of it yet? I haven't had the time. Do they ever finish the record?
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 20, 2003 05:17     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I keep checking Mixerman's forum and the last post on this subject (6th Feb) from the man himself read:

"I've been temporarily forbidden to post on this subject until this mess is straightened out.

All will make sense in due time.

Mixerman"

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 28, 2003 19:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey thanks again for this link EKH, I'm printing it out to read on the plane instead of the last minute lame ass mags I usually end up with.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan