my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Confessor!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confessor!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 12, 2003 09:16     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone from this forum live in North Carolina? If so you gotta see this:

quote: Confessor - return to the stage !!!
Confessor are going to perform on March 8th, at The Lincoln Theater in Raleigh, NC.
A few months ago Scott Jeffreys from Confessor has informed us that the band is back again. All the original members except the guitar player - Ivan Colon (who passed away during 2001) are in the reformation."
http://www.alternative-zine.com/index.php?lang=en&ID=75

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 12, 2003 09:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm about five hours away from Raliegh. Would like to check that out. Thanks to the Vroommeister I'm now a fan. I'd like to see how the singer makes those vocal contortions first hand. Would be a good road trip too. Except that Raliegh sucks. Wish they were playing west of there in the moutains.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 12, 2003 10:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I could get there in 5 hours I would. They were amazing the last time I saw them live.... mind you that was 1992! I couldn't believe how much they thrashed about while still playing those insane patterns. Scott's voice live was spot on too (which annoys alot of people !) so I'd recommend it. But again, it was ten years ago...
2scared2scream
VoivodFan
Member # 77

posted February 12, 2003 19:08     Profile for 2scared2scream   Email 2scared2scream     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm fucking stoked that Confessor are back together, they were unique. Saw 'em years back with Nocturnus, the crowd was heckling them like crazy about Scott's vocals, so he switched to death metal vox. Sounded good, but i much preferred the 'tortured banshee' thang. they should sign to Southern lord......
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 13, 2003 03:26     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
They were amazing the last time I saw them live.... mind you that was 1992!

did you see them on the tour with the mighty Nocturnus?

Confessor/Nocturnus, now that must have been a hell of a show.

I was going to see them here in France but they cancelled on the day prior to the show

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 13, 2003 04:51     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, it was the Nocturnus tour. I also saw them on the earache 'gods of grind' tour with Cathedral, Entombed and Carcass. That was a fucking excellent gig, and Confessor blew everyone else away. Steve Sheldon is an amazing drummer. I'm looking forward to seeing Mastadon tomorrow night to see if thier drummer is as good live.
JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted February 13, 2003 06:51     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H,
where are you seeing mastodon? I saw them tues' night @ the underworld show.....SWEET FUCKING CHRIST! What a great gig. Brann Dailor is an awesome drummer.

Check out Art of burning water, it was their 1st show or so they said, very cool stuff....and some classic stage patter!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 13, 2003 07:28     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shit man, I was gonna go to the London show until about 2 hours before it happened. A friend of mine's band is opening for them in Milton Keynes tomorrow and has put me on the guest list. I don't have enough cash for both so I blew out the London show.
Who are the Art of Burning Water? If they were the opening band then I'm guessing that it was for London only as my mates band are opening at MK. I'll keep my eyes & ears open for them though.
I'm just chuffed that my other half wants to see this gig too, and isn't gonna moan when I don't take her out for a fancy meal on valentines day!!

Jeffs
VoivodFan
Member # 164

posted February 13, 2003 13:08     Profile for Jeffs   Email Jeffs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still got one of their demos I bought 12 years ago.
I think Scott's vocals are great, they fit perfectly with the music, which is also very cool and different. Way better than alot of those Earache bands of that time, but not really accepted because they didn't play 100 miles an hour and bark into the mic.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan