my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What's your favourite shot?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your favourite shot?
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 06, 2003 09:04     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was a beer thread here earlier, so I thought it'd fun to start another alcohol-related one

So, what's your favourite shot? I don't get to drink very much nowadays since I'm a family man, but when I do I usually end up ordering (or making) Galliano Hot Shots, especially when it's cold outside. Here's the recipe in case you didn't already know it:

Take 2cl of Galliano, 2cl of hot, black coffee (no sugar) and some lightly whipped cream. Then get a schnaps glass and pour the Galliano on the bottom. Then pour the coffee carefully so that it won't mix with the Galliano (use a tea spoon so that the coffee won't 'sink' into the Galliano). Finally add a thin layer of whipped cream on the surface. Then down the drink with one gulp!

Another favourite of mine is Black Russian, which consists of 2cl of Vodka (preferably Absolut, Stoli or Finlandia or... ) and 2cl of Kahlua Rum. Yummy!

When I'm in the mood for slower hard drinking I usually have some whisky or cognac. Okay, what's your favourite poison?

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 06, 2003 09:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dimple, Jack Daniels... And caipirinha, of course!
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted February 06, 2003 09:33     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jack Daniels... Pure & Simple, no ice, no nothing... RULEZ...
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 06, 2003 10:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Irish Carbomb
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 06, 2003 13:30     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jagermeister with a beer! I tend not to know when to stop with most hard alcohol... no time for social hard-drinking, just me on the floor by 8:00pm! However, I can gauge myself pretty good with Jager, and of course beer, which is my regular drink of choice.
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted February 06, 2003 17:10     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Simple. Jim Beam.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 06, 2003 19:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NOT MUCH OF A DRINKER (ANYMORE), BUT, if I'm gonna have a good 'hearty' shot...Id be joining X-D for the Jagermeister.

Many fond memories come flooding of good times with Jager

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted February 06, 2003 20:33     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as hard stuff goes, I like rye whiskey (Crown Royal, Gibson's Finest), dark navy rum (especially when I'm out camping), vodka and malibu and fruit juice. As far as beer goes...
I hate to say this but I am allergic to most alcoholic beverages and as a result I've been on kind of a quest to find beers which I can "tolerate". For the last few years I basically drank nothing but local cottage beer (honey blond , amber ale, etc.) and/or Mexican beers. I'm kind of sick of Mexican beer and so now basically drink mainly Heineken. What a drag. I LOVE to drink hootch but I'm guaranteed to be totally fucked up for 3-5 days afterwords! And we're not talking about a conventional hangover either. I will literally get put into a different state of mind. I become extremely paranoid, moody, irritable, delusional, and have wild anxiety attacks which I can hardly control. Enough to make a person turn to drink !

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 06, 2003 20:47     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Captain Morgan spiced rum.

The very Rum which had me in its grips the night I saw
Voivod's Tournado in all its deafening Glory.

The Cap'n and me have been tight ever since,
just not too often these days.

Honorable mentions:

Sauza Commemorativo - the finest Tequila known to man.

Crown Royal - The Nectar of the Gods

...and get that horrid swill known as Goldschlager the HELL away from me. YUCK!!
How can anyone DRINK this abomination?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 06, 2003 20:51     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to drink like a fucking fish back in my "youth" but nowadays I just don't have the time to dedicate to getting pissed and dealing with the hangover sucks shit.

I used to love Rye. Crown Royal was my poison of choice. Problem is, I get kinda mean when I drink Rye. Normally I'm a happy drunk, but Rye and I don't get along well with others. I know a couple of other guys who are like that. We've all decided to lay off the shit.

Bushmills Whiskey was nice too. Never really liked Rum and at our company X-mas party I won a 40 ouncer! It'll probably sit in my liquor cabinet until next X-mas!

My favorite shot is Sambuca. It goes down so nice and warms you up and it's so yummy...
Beer is a great chaser for it too although it doesn't realy need to be chased, it's quite pleasant. Wish I had some here...

I've always been a big beer drinker, but again, I just don't have the time to go out and get pissed. Fave beers are Labbatts Blue, Extra Old Stock, Boddingtons, Guiness and Fort Garry Dark (local brew). Corona is nice with a piece of lime in it and Kokanee Gold is good draft. MGD rocks my brain, but the next day I'll be pissing from my arse. Not fun.

In the summer, when it's really hot I like Budweiser. BUT it has to be the AMERICAN stuff, IN CANS and in a COOLER FULL OF ICE. The beer must sit in the ice for at least 2 HOURS for it to get to the proper temerature: ICE FUCKING COLD!!!! Mmmmm.....There is nothing more satisfying, except maybe with some fucking Metal cranked up as well. And getting a blowjob at the same time.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 06, 2003 22:21     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My vote goes to: Skåne akvavit...
Some kind of government approved moonshine with some spices added for good fun. Every August here in Sweden everyone puts silly paperhats on, play some games on the lawn. After a while we start to eat a lot of shellfish and drink waay too much of Akvavit.

Last August i managed to get a buddy so drunk that after the Saturdays party he had to stay home from work on Monday, his wife haven't talked to me since. But crap, i still don't remember a thing so it propably never happened

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 06, 2003 23:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tango, I used to be a great advocate of the Goldsclag. Last spring while driving to Colorado I emptied an entire bottle between the New Mexico state line and Colorado Springs. No I wasn't the one driving.

Now that was a lot of fun and I don't mean to get graphic but I experienced for the next two days an affliction of the bowels so severe I thought I was going to be permanently affected. Let me tell you, it was scary.

So if I even smelled that nasty stuff I'd probably have to find a toilet.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 07, 2003 05:42     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If there's alcohol in it, I'll drink it. Being drunk rocks. But only if you're not a violent drinker. Those idiots can fuck off and stop spoiling it for the rest of us!
There's a nice bar in London that serves a shot called Harley Davidson Oil. Not sure what's in it, whisky's of various ilk, but it removes your legs very quickly.
Which is nice.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 07, 2003 08:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
There's a nice bar in London that serves a shot called Harley Davidson Oil. Not sure what's in it, whisky's of various ilk, but it removes your legs very quickly.
Which is nice.

It may probably BE Harley Davidson Oil!

St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted February 07, 2003 16:12     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm...
I dig beer!
But then again.... Sometimes I dig JD & coke.

....However, I'll sometimes then wake-up nude in the lawn next door with only one sock on my foot... I hate trying to explain that one to the wife.

St.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan