my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » How the War will run (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: How the War will run
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 06, 2003 04:40     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.idleworm.com/nws/2002/11/iraq2.shtml
 |  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 06, 2003 06:14     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would laugh if that wasn't possible.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 06, 2003 07:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah. A bit unnearving.

Don't mean to get heavy, but was anyone else here left thinking 'Is that it? That's your arguement?!?' after Colin Powells speach?

To you US people - have any of you seen the Sadam Hussain interview with Tony Benn MP yet? Maybe CNN edited it down to the bit where he said 'If you attack, we will defend ourselves' rather than the previous hour of him saying 'bugger me, I hope you don't attack'

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 06, 2003 07:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Emlyn - I didn't realise that interview with Tony Benn had been aired already. Would have liked to have checked that out, just to see that side of things. How did it come across?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 06, 2003 07:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So fuck it, let them buy uranium. No big deal. A mad dictator with nuclear power. Sure, no problem. Not a threat.

I'm being sarcastic of course. Look, the guy needs to be removed. That's all there is to it. I believe that when the tanks start rolling through they're gonna duck and run. Just like the last time. And intelligence has found enough clues, not to mention the inspectors, to add up to some major implications. That's enough for me. Rarely in life, do you find a real "smoking gun". Generally you have to piece together clues and look at the bigger picture. The clues say he's hiding shit. Now let's bring the fucker down.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 06, 2003 08:13     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The World is sick and tired of all the American lies.
This Country cant even go 20 Years without invading something and trying to force the "American Way" and views upon the rest of the peoples of Earth.

This is the wrong War...at the wrong time.
It will backfire on the Americans.

You President Bush supporters should be ashamed of yourselves for believing his Propeganda and rehersed Acting.
The so called "State of the Union Address" was NOT that. Rather...it was a Political Campaign and Acting. Baseless lies and deception so that certain American persons can line theyre pockets with Iraqi Oil Money.

Saddam is truely an Evil and crazy Man who needs to be removed from power. However...the American plan for doing so is the wrong plan. Very wrong.

Whats funny is that Americans actually think that they won the Iraq war in 1991. Ha!
What a joke. Saddam is still alive.
Americans even think they are winning the so called "War on Terrorism." Ha!
Also a joke. Osama is still alive and the Network is strong.

It is a fatal mistake to think that a new War with Iraq will solve anything at all.

The U.S. may be big and mighty, with all the latest Weapons and Technology, but beware of the Snake that bites your Heel and easily brings you down.

It would be wise for the Americans to wait till after the new VOIVOD Album comes out...before doing anything.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 06, 2003 08:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's it Kula, I'm picking up the phone now and calling W. We've given you free rein for too long.

"Yeah, W., he's at it again, send the boys down to pick him up. What, you want to make him do the cactus run? Ok, hahaha...yeah, I believe that would straighten him out."

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 06, 2003 08:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Jeeze! I knew that i would be attacked by the Republicans!

Funny how Warcorpse and Mezcalhead are right on top of things.

Warcorpse...The Right solution is to support the proper fractions within Iraq who will covertly and quietly take care of the problem themselvs.

The U.S. right now has the highest Deficit in History...and that is before factoring in the War costs...of which the Pentagon cannot come up with the proper figures on how much it will really cost. PLUS...the cost of Occupying Iraq (With a U.S. General in Command of the Country) for many, many years.

Financially...this war will doom America.
Say bye bye to the Economy.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 06, 2003 09:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got a question: WHO DIED AND MADE UNITED STATES GOD???
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 06, 2003 09:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
George Washington
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 06, 2003 10:02     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Q: And Children? A: And Children

all you americans with kids should rise up now. (well, actually we should all, time for the "New Renaissance")

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 06, 2003 10:16     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
George Washington

Are you serious?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 06, 2003 10:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes. You asked and I gave you the answer.

The CIA has been trying to knock off Sadaam for a long time now. Guess what? It hasn't worked. Did anyone see that Frontline on him that documented their attempt by coverts to assassinate him? Sadaam's guys found them, killed them, and then answered the phone and told the CIA guy on the other end that this operation was over.

I think we should take the oil when we conquer them and sell it. It would be at least something to help pay for our sacrifice.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 06, 2003 10:44     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
your sacrifice ?

wait and see all those young people come back in ziplocs, we'll see how you feel about "your" sacrifice.

cunt

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 06, 2003 10:46     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warcorpse...

The United States proved nothing at the UN yesterday.
What they showed was trivial at most and built-up to be more than it was.
-Something the Americans are good at when they want to get theyre way.
They take an Anthill...and use Mirrors to make it appear to be a Mountain.

(Kula has experience in this right here on this board over silly matters of the past. )

For Iraq to possess the things they are being falsly acused of...would require massive Production facilities.
It is not something they would be able to hide at all.

I say to stop this total madness...and bring the Military back home where it should be.

Meanwhile...the Economy goes to crap.
Like a wall crumbling a little bit every day.

Geee its fun debating with my Republican War-Monger American Friends.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 06, 2003 11:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manipulator:
your sacrifice ?

wait and see all those young people come back in ziplocs, we'll see how you feel about "your" sacrifice.

cunt

I was talking about the money end of it. To pay for that.

So Manip, should we just sit around and wait for him to build a bomb which could result in hundreds of thousands of bodybags? Its called preventing a future mass slaughter. Can we afford to take that chance? I think not.

Your loyal cunt

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 06, 2003 11:45     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey manipulator, I don't think there's any need for name-calling.
I thought that although it was humourous, that little flash game was pretty chilling... especially in thinking that it could well happen like that. The Middle East is already on the brink of war (esp. Israel-Palestine, India-Pakistan) and it doesn't need something like this.
And if Saddam does have those weapons of mass destruction, and uses them on invading forces (just like the Cubans were planning to do)? That could well spark World War Three.
It shocks me to think that potentially, we could be looking at a massive war, not between nations but between RELIGIONS again. What will it be? A Christian-Jewish alliance against the Islamic Nation? Food for thought.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted February 06, 2003 12:04     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey manip, how's the new vv? now i know who's the real cunt!!!
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 06, 2003 12:12     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, no need for name calling, i'm just very concerned and irate. apollogies.

but,

it's the duty of the people of Iraq (with the aid of their neigbors) to throw off Hussein, not for the US to force down their "democracy". Do you really think these people want to die ? No, they want to eat, drink, fuck and prosper in peace like the rest of us.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, UTC is a big lie, the evolution of people and their access to a true democracy is done on each civilization's scale. It's now time for the people of Iraq to have their own revolution, as we, Westeners experience our "New Lights" or "New Renaissance" or whatever you feel like calling it.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted February 06, 2003 12:12     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Don't stay in Black City, Your soul will catch the spell........"
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 06, 2003 12:26     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who is it ? mail me
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 06, 2003 13:20     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a lot of respect for my politically conservative friends here, but I have to say that this "humanitarian mission" angle is total bullshit when in fact the US is a major factor as to why this region of the world is so fucked up today!

Invent a fucking car that runs on water or some shit and leave these people alone for fuck's sake! Shit's bad enough already without us always pushing everyone else around. These people wouldn't hate the US so much if we weren't always forcing our political ideals and economical self-interests on them!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 06, 2003 16:30     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
I have a lot of respect for my politically conservative friends here, but I have to say that this "humanitarian mission" angle is total bullshit when in fact the US is a major factor as to why this region of the world is so fucked up today!

(...)

Shit's bad enough already without us always pushing everyone else around. These people wouldn't hate the US so much if we weren't always forcing our political ideals and economical self-interests on them!

Totally agreed!

I'm not a US hater or something (far from it!), I just don't think it's fair to attack a country based on possibilities. Nothing has been proved yet. There are several other ways to prevent an Iraqian attack than pure massacre. This sounds to me like child fight: "I thought he was gonna beat me, so I beat him first".

Plus, US are not considering that FRANCE, GERMANY, RUSSIA and CHINA are not exactly happy with the "war solution". Purely because they, as the rest of the world, are sensing genocide on the way. US Marines vs. the population of Iraq, including women and children, get the point?

Maybe Kula's idea is a better one: let the Iraqian minorities do the job, i.e., mind your own business.

quote:
The CIA has been trying to knock off Sadaam for a long time now. Guess what? It hasn't worked. Did anyone see that Frontline on him that documented their attempt by coverts to assassinate him? Sadaam's guys found them, killed them, and then answered the phone and told the CIA guy on the other end that this operation was over.

Wouldn't you do the same if Iraqis invaded your Country and tried to kill the President?

quote:
I think we should take the oil when we conquer them and sell it. It would be at least something to help pay for our sacrifice.

Aw, come on, Mezcal, you are an intelligent guy. No offense intended, but this sounds like robbery to me. That's exactly why Bush has been criticized from the very beginning.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 06, 2003 19:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Genocide???? Slayman...they're going after military targets. Not civilian. In fact, what will happen is that once the conflict has settled down the US will have to SUPPORT most of the people with food just like in Afganistan. No genocide is what the US is trying to prevent.

I'm wondering, do you guys think the US should have stayed out of Afganistan too?

The oil comment was meant to be provocative and there isn't a chance it would ever happen in today's world. I was trying to wake ya'll up and I think I succeeded.

Your comment on the CIA intervention doesn't apply here with the original argument. The argument being that we should let the anti-Sadaam people try to overturn the govt. My point is that they've tried this many, many times and IT HASN'T FUCKING WORKED. Do you get the point? They can't do it by themselves folks. They need assistance. The guy is the most brutal dictator in the world right now, except for maybe Kim(the US will probably be dealing with him soon)and he needs to be removed from power. It just makes sense that you do not want a person who is this vicious and insane in control of weapons that have the potential to kill MULTITUDES.

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted February 07, 2003 06:47     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All this isn't simply about oil. Come on, do you think the U.S. really want to get rid of Saddam? They could have done so in their first war there but when the Kurds started their revolts in Iraq as promised to the U.S. they were left alone to be slaughtered by Iraqi forces. After this betrayal none of them will ever move a single finger for the U.S. The truth is the U.S. need Saddam as their arch enemy right where he is to justify their military presence in Saudi Arabia. Now and then they just have to start a war to show how dangerous he is and to sell more new weapons to countries in the area (they nearly ruined a couple of former prosperous Gulf states that way!). All the proof they are showing could easily be rigged. OK, the pictures look impressive but what do they really prove by themselves? Nothing at all!
And talking of Kurds: the ones in northern Iraq nowadays have a better and more independent life than their counterparts in Turkey! But hey, Turkey's a NATO-member, so that's OK and the U.S. desperately needs their air bases anyway.
Fuck the whole power-greedy and oil-dependent Bush-clan and their clique of mentally deranged advisors! They haven't won a single one of the wars they started and things won't change this time!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan