my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » It's OUT!!! (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: It's OUT!!!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 12, 2003 11:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
"Voi-Vodka".

|  IP: Logged
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 12, 2003 11:15     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...warriors ON ice...
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 12, 2003 11:32     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, that was very good hypergrrl! I should have paid more attention in my French classes but those Jacques Brel songs we had to sing really got on my nerves...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 12, 2003 11:37     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
...warriors ON ice...

Voivod IceCapades? Voivod de fantaisie?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 13, 2003 06:20     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
"Voi-Vodka".

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's a great idea! I'm thinking of a black bottle with a white Korgull logo on the label. Above it there's "Voi-Vodka 60%" written in that cool Away calligraphy...on the cap it says "to the death!"

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 13, 2003 06:27     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
...but those Jacques Brel songs we had to sing really got on my nerves...

Jacques Brel was a very talented artist IMO... a few of his songs have real melancholy/dark feel.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 13, 2003 10:34     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brel is a giant

the cover he did of "The impossible dream" is possibly the best cover ever (after Astronomy Domine, of course )and surely the most beautiful french song ever.

To dream ... the impossible dream ...
To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
To run ... where the brave dare not go ...
To right ... the unrightable wrong ...
To love ... pure and chaste from afar ...
To try ... when your arms are too weary ...
To reach ... the unreachable star ...

This is my quest, to follow that star ...
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far ...
To fight for the right, without question or pause ...
To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause ...

And I know if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest,
That my heart will lie will lie peaceful and calm,
when I'm laid to my rest ...
And the world will be better for this:
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
To reach ... the unreachable star

==========================================

Rêver un impossible rêve
Porter le chagrin des départs
Brûler d'une possible fièvre
Partir où personne ne part
Aimer jusqu'à la déchirure
Aimer, même trop, même mal,
Tenter, sans force et sans armure,
D'atteindre l'inaccessible étoile
Telle est ma quête,
Suivre l'étoile
Peu m'importent mes chances
Peu m'importe le temps
Ou ma désespérance
Et puis lutter toujours
Sans questions ni repos
Se damner
Pour l'or d'un mot d'amour
Je ne sais si je serai ce héros
Mais mon cœur serait tranquille
Et les villes s'éclabousseraient de bleu
Parce qu'un malheureux
Brûle encore, bien qu'ayant tout brûlé
Brûle encore, même trop, même mal
Pour atteindre à s'en écarteler
Pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 13, 2003 10:55     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Hey, that was very good hypergrrl! I should have paid more attention in my French classes but those Jacques Brel songs we had to sing really got on my nerves...

(my face beet red) I am a liar.....I was just playing around and I used a translator! Yes, boys, girls and CATS, I am a liar! So I guess I must come clean now......okay here we go: First of all, I am not a girl! Ha ha, KKS and Mezcalhead had actually been fighting over a male baboon! Oh, and I LOVED the Eric-Era Voivod and I actually LOVED the new promo and listened to it over and over again. I absolutely HATED The Outer Limits and I have never lived in San Francisco! And finally, I freakin' hate Voivod!! Who the hell do these guys think they are? Metallica can kick their ass any day of the week!!

But like I said....I am a liar. But I do know "Me pardonner Noitall pour j'ai péché. S'il vous plaît." (okay, okay - I used the translator again)

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 13, 2003 11:15     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ha! ah! the truth is out there

poor KK and Mez, all this cavernous body stretching over a male baboon !

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 13, 2003 11:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL hypergrrl. You are too funny.

I never said I didn't like Brel. But enduring the sound of 30 anglo kids trying to sing along to dark moody songs with a clinically depressed teacher who is crying as he listens does not inspire you to go futher in learning a language. Also, I have a pet peeve about the fact that they hire teachers from France to teach the anglo kids in order to ensure that they learn "international" french, ostie ! (sorry to get all political on ya here but the fact that they won't hire Canadian francophones to teach French really pisses me off) My university french teacher was another person of French citizenship (via Vietnam), not to say that there's anything wrong with learning international French, or people from France, but when anglo kids grow up thinking that the only way to speak French is with a Parisian accent it's a good indicator of why there's a cultural split in my country...

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 13, 2003 12:41     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ouch, i can just imagine that awful cackle.

got to agree with you tho', it's one stupid thing. besides we can be pretty international when we feel like it.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 13, 2003 12:50     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hypergrrl is not a Grrl?

I need a bottle of Voivodka now.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 13, 2003 13:34     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well the language is french, but Québécois is definately not French.

before you accuse me of being cryptic again nia:

Mélanie Turgeon,la victoire de la persévérance

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted February 13, 2003 13:41     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AND SHE/HE/IT/WHATEVER DOESN'T LIKE VOIVOD?!?!? What the fuck is "that" doin' here anyway?
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 13, 2003 15:41     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I see that i'm not the only one who like him here . I discovered Brel songs after i discovered why '' Quand on a que l'amour '' was one of the few of Celine Dion's songs that i liked ( heh .I had to endure Celine because of my ex ... . Sorry . )

I found a cool link with the song and lyrics :
Quand on a que l'amour

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted February 14, 2003 04:49     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love Brel too, I'm more familiar with Scott Wlker's versions of his songs. Bowie does a great 'Amsterdam' also.

I was sure he was Belgian, French or Flemmish I couldn't say...

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 14, 2003 06:23     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BumEggs:
I was sure he was Belgian, French or Flemmish I couldn't say...

belgian french... belgian french!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 16, 2003 15:40     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool ! Just listened to Scott Walker's version of Amsterdam . I LOVE it ( accordion owns ) This song is so hot and Brel's lyrics are so ''dark '' and true '' Les pays plats '' is a damn good song from Brel too .
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 17, 2003 06:28     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
au suivant...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 17, 2003 08:11     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And how about Vesoul, with the killer acordion (chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!!) I wonder if Away could play acordion as fast as he can play his double bassdrums!

Anyway, Brel is cool, but my favorite is Serge Gainsbourg. A genius!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 17, 2003 08:35     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
try this

dunno if it works though

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 17, 2003 09:25     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't work on my computer, but I assume it's the classic tv show where Gainsbourg burned money. What a scandal at the time!
Another good one: when Gainsbourg said "I wanna fuck her" to Whitney Houston on live TV! Hehe!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 17, 2003 10:57     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yep, I'll always remember her face when he said that... she litterally went appalled-white (no pun)... and the presenter trying to save the show like "no, no he says you are beautiful..."

parents were asking me "what did he say?"... er, well...

uncontrolable force!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 17, 2003 11:55     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, le pauvre Michel Drucker!
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 17, 2003 12:04     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lmfao , thx for the link outcast , didn't heard about the burned money story .

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan