my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » It's OUT!!! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: It's OUT!!!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 06, 2003 05:57     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
I was just saying I like that 'first listen' thing, you know, when you've been waiting for something for so long that the anticipation builds up. I just like the wait, and then that first listen.

I'm just like that too. Although I'm dying to hear the new stuff, I want to wait until

a) I have the CD in my player and the cover leaflet in my hands
b) The rest of my family is asleep
c) I have minimized the possibility of any disturbance in the next 80 minutes to near zero
d) I have a freshly opened half liter bottle of ice cold lager in front of me

Then I put my headphones on, lean back and press 'play'...that's the way I like my first listens!

|  IP: Logged
VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted February 06, 2003 05:58     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just get the mp3s too !

The first contact with a new Voivod cd is always strange ... you try to find some usual sounds and to compare to the previous releases !

The sound is nearly the same as the X-mass 3 tracks. I don't really like it ...

About the songs :
We have some more clasical Voivod stuff here ... but we are really far away from Phobos or Negatron. But there is more weird stuff

I need to listen to them again and again and again !

I don't wanna wake up ...
I don't wanna wake up ...

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted February 06, 2003 06:25     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you da man!!!!!! thats what i wanted after a long day at work!! skully you made my day!!!!!!!!!!!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 06, 2003 06:35     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skul! Dude, thank you very much! I love the track. The spaced out guitar at the beginning haad me grinning like a cheshire cat! March 4th is gonna fuckn' rule!
GrinningCheschireCat
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 190

posted February 06, 2003 07:54     Profile for GrinningCheschireCat   Email GrinningCheschireCat     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
The spaced out guitar at the beginning haad me grinning like a cheshire cat!

...and where on Morgöth did you find that one, eh?

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 06, 2003 07:57     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Alright motherfuckers... I give you,
"The Multiverse"

old joke . But the music is good i must say

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 06, 2003 08:12     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh it's actually the real Multiverse . Sorry i thought it was this song that someone tried to make us believe it was some new voivod stuff ( like 3 months ago ) but in fact it was the band from someone here and the file was renamed to The multiverse if ya remember
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 06, 2003 08:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta give up, Skulhed IS the coolest on the board...

Great song, THIS is the Nothingface on steroids people were expecting. Well, okay, not exactly, but it smokes!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 06, 2003 08:20     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We never did find out who started that. Come on fella - it's time to 'fess up!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 06, 2003 08:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, on a second listen, the overall super-cold atmosphere of Nothingface is here again.

WE NEED MORE!!!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 06, 2003 08:23     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am gonna wait till it is Released.
Then i'm gonna fork over $17.99 for it.
That way...all the parties involved will get theyre $$$ and Voivod will get theyre $0.25 Profit to split amongst themselves.

Its the right thing to do.

Lars would agree with me i'm sure.

My main reason though is the CD Quality.
MP3's just dont cut it.
Voivod deserve to be heard properly...from the CD and LOUD.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 06, 2003 09:20     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh it's not the issue, King. Like Hexon said yesterday, it's not about cd vs mp3. Obviously we ALL are going to buy that record (we're all die hard fans, remember?). Since i'd probably get in trouble with the Chophouse if i went and posted the whole record (which i wont do and just cant do, anyway), i figured I could at least put one of the songs that werent on the sampler to show all you guys that the record is indeed a real Voivod album, not just a bad Foo Fighters-like cd like the sampler wouldve lead you (and me) to believe.

Again i'm sorry that it's such a shitty bitrate and a small file, but i just have 5 megs of space to work with on my site. But i figured it sounds good enough. I think i might have another 1.5 megs on my space so i might post another one later on.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 06, 2003 10:13     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skul - you rule! Thanks for the mp3!
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 06, 2003 12:23     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell I'm listening to it right now !!!!!
Now that's VOIVOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 06, 2003 12:51     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahem... SKUL FUCKIN' ROCKS! Thanks man!

Can't wait until March 4th!

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted February 06, 2003 13:10     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok guys, the only thing I can say is DON'T WORRY!!! The album will blow you away... The xmas sampler is nothing compared to what you'll get in less than 1 month

I'm hooked already

Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted February 06, 2003 13:11     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great song !

Can't wait for march 4, what a listening party I will have !

Thanks a lot Skull !

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 06, 2003 13:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm liking it.....thanks dude!
izgoblin
VoivodFan
Member # 178

posted February 06, 2003 14:16     Profile for izgoblin   Email izgoblin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I say also, thanks! I liked the 3-song promo myself, but this only goes to show that I'm going to dig this fuckin' album.

Only one more month to go!!!

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted February 06, 2003 15:35     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx skulhed,

As for my taste this song a million time better than the 3 song promo.
Heavier, crunchier with amazing riff ala Piggy.
Can't wait to hear the rest of the album and hope it will sound more like "the multiverse" than the 3 song promo!!!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 06, 2003 16:01     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vox are dominating very much. I never liked that. Vox should be buried in the mix. That's Heavy. That's Metal.

Besides this little point of criticism I still think this is a great song.

Adolf
VoivodFan
Member # 170

posted February 06, 2003 16:16     Profile for Adolf   Email Adolf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a relief that song is... now I'm looking forward to the album again after the disappointing promo. Of course it's only one song against those 3 promo songs, but I'm not feeling so negative anymore against the album. I have hope again! Haha...

I agree that the vocals are too high in the mix though. Is it possible to do studio magic to them in home system?

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted February 06, 2003 16:24     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
amidst the many other thankyou's i'll throw my late one in too. cool song, opening riff sounds similar to Brain Scan in construction, which is one of Voivod's best songs i'd say, no wonder it KILLS then!

i'm getting a new bass next week, and between that and my guitar. this new album should give me alot of stuff to screw around with.

Away's double kick sounds like helicopter rotations, i'm diggin it.

JOY

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted February 07, 2003 02:25     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks. I feel a little better now. Voivod.
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 07, 2003 03:33     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaarghhhh!!!! 25 more days and counting 'til the
blast of Voivod hits retail stores. Thanks a lot for sharing the sneak peek,Skulhed and I admit I do like the song-starts out with the "depleted-uranium" atmospherics! I think that I'm in for a really pleasant surprise since other listeners confirmed the "heaviness is evident". The promo sound caused a bit of worry so I hope the CD blows me away into "outer limits" territory!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan