my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Much Music, Feb. 28th, Voivod?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Much Music, Feb. 28th, Voivod?
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 04, 2003 12:09     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the Chophouse Staff told me
the Voivod Video for 'We Carry On'
will be shown on Much Music Channel,
Feb. 28th.

That is on a Friday.
Probably on LOUD or whatever Metal
show is on that Channel.

I am not completely certain that it
will be shown on that Day, but coming
from a pretty reliable source, it should.

I guess we will wait and see as the Date draws closer.

|  IP: Logged
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted February 04, 2003 13:35     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool. thanks for the heads-up Kula. LOUD is shown on Saturday's not Friday's, maybe thats the 29th instead, the unknown knows. i'll get my VCR ready.

among some of the negativity about the new album on the bands own fansite, i AM interested in their new material and video(s).

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 04, 2003 13:46     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well it is the Year of the Sheep but that doesn't mean everyone has to have the same opinion, fansite or not. Gung Hey Fat Choy.
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted February 04, 2003 14:46     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is "Much Music" only available in Canada? I rarely watch TV so I dont really know what is available here and what isnt.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 04, 2003 15:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Much Music is Canadian but you can get in the US - http://www.mmusa.tv/content/main/ I couldn't tell you if the programming is the same as in Canada or not though - http://www.muchmusic.com/
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 04, 2003 15:51     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah it's different programming.
Much Music USA has a metal/hard rock show on Monday to Friday called Uranium or something. We up here in the Great White North may not get to see the vid until Saturday on our weekly metal/hard rock show called Loud.

However I am of the opinion that this will be put into semi-regular rotation because it is:

A)a big budget "looks real cool" video
B)Features Former Metallica Bassist Jason Newsted
C)it's Canadian Content (CRTC regulations)and ...
D)George (the host of Loud) is a bit of a Voivod fan and one of the channels producers. He'll get it shown. I hope.

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted February 04, 2003 16:02     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thankyou for the link.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 04, 2003 16:10     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now, how about Musique Plus? Is there a metal show on Musique Plus? I remember, in the old days, there was SolidRock, with Paul Sarrasin (!) and Tribal Convictions as the main theme...
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 04, 2003 16:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was an entire lifetime ago.

Musique Plus is lame as fuck and i'm glad i dont even have cable.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 05, 2003 09:44     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But hey, Skulhead, with all those videos of yours, no need for cable!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 05, 2003 09:55     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exactly.
And there's never anything good on tv anyways. I got 4 channels (SRC TVA TQS Global) and that's enough. If there's something special that i want to see that i cant get at home, i have a friend tape it for me. And i also rent movies alot (1$ for new releases on dvd at Video du Dollar).

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 05, 2003 10:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Four channels, Skulhed? I have only 3! I beat you! Nah nah nah nah!

No cable, but lots of books and CDs. That's a living.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 05, 2003 10:42     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, and how about a metal version of La Fureur? You know, like a metal karaoke on TV!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 05, 2003 13:00     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanted to see that for a long time. Maybe an original Vod vs. Mitsou, France D'Amour, Marjo and Martine St. Clair. The musical guest should be Men without Hats and everyone could sing along to Safety Dance. The dwarf would ride around on Veronique Cloutier's shoulders.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 05, 2003 13:16     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And then Blacky comes out with the Blower Bass and kills everybody!!!!! Rooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!!!!
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted February 05, 2003 20:14     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only real place for Voivod news.....
Seeing as George Lucas effects is doing it, I wonder if some strange creatures will appear?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 05, 2003 20:33     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard Lucas is going to give Jar Jar more screen time in Episode III and change his name to 'Jarsonic'.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 05, 2003 20:57     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
American deathmetal Idol is a good show. I auditioned, Simon liked my growl. I sang "Hammer Smashed Face".

And then I kindly helped you smash in "his" face!!!

I hate that fucking clown.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 06, 2003 05:31     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
I heard Lucas is going to give Jar Jar more screen time in Episode III and change his name to 'Jarsonic'.

Jarsonic! Classic!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 06, 2003 06:37     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Meesa gonna play the Blower Bass?"
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 06, 2003 06:47     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got some info on the album from a mate of mine at a distro company in the UK (cheers Steve!).
It says this about press & marketing:
"An extensive advertising campaign is in place around this release. There will be a 1/4 page colour advert in Kerrang and Metal hammer and 1/2 page colour adverts in Classic Rock, Terrorizer and Rocksound magazines. A video for 'We Carry On' will be serviced to Kerrrang TV, MTV2 and p-rock. Radio 1 Rock Show will have an exclusive prior to release."
Gonna have to call friends with mtv to get them to tape it for me.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan