my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Shoot Video for 'We Carry On"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod Shoot Video for 'We Carry On"
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 03, 2003 10:10     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sure if this has already been posted - I've been away for a week.

From KNAC.com

VOIVOD SHOOTS VIDEO ON LOCATION IN SAN FRANCISCO

SAN FRANCISCO - VOIVOD is hard at work producing the first music video for their new self-titled album, Voivod, to be released March 4th by Chophouse Records in partnership with Surfdog Records.

Filming for the video for the album’s first single, "We Carry On," was shot on location in San Francisco January 24th – 25th by directors Keith McCabe and Jeff Ertl. "It has been a true honor to work with such an influential band as Voivod,” said Ertl. “We will rip your head clean off with this video!"

Befitting the release of the band's 13th album, "We Carry On" is the 13th track on the new album. The video captures raw metal performance footage of the newly transfused line-up of founding members Denis Belanger, Michel Langevin, and Denis D'Amour, and new bassist Jason Newsted. "I dig the way the set was based on my drawings,” said drummer Langevin. “It made me feel like I was in one of those spooky nightmares I have almost every night.”

"The shoot was dark, creepy, and frenetic," the former Metallica bassist Newsted said. "The band is completely energized! Jeff and Keith have proven themselves as Technical Directors for some killer films (Star Wars: Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, Minority Report, and Harry Potter 2). This is their first chance to create a kick ass music video. They've captured Voivod live and on top of our game, so they have a lot of ammo to work with! I can't wait to see what the two of them and their crew come up with."

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 04, 2003 09:28     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait to see it. One of my buds at work is a big sci-fi/fantasy fan and a HUGE movie buff. I told him about the ILM guys doing the vid and he was really interested. I'm gonna bring in some Voivod for him to check out tonight. He's heard some before but tonight will be my attempt at conversion.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 06, 2003 03:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait to see it either. Sounds like a REAL video, one that follows the storyline of the song. Not just showing the band on a stage the whole time. I think MTV will show it, given the fact the guys putting it together are real pros.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan