my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Saw the Nile/Napalm/SYL show last night

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saw the Nile/Napalm/SYL show last night
Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted February 02, 2003 16:28     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Berserker opened up. They wore goofy horror-movie masks, but sounded cool.

Strapping Young Lad were next. They were the main reason I went. The new album's gonna kill, fellas!

Dark Tranquillity were next up. Pretty interesting, although I've yet to be completely sold on the symphonic/death metal thing. Their last song grabbed my attention in a major way though, so I'll probably be checking more of their stuff out.

The mighty Napalm Death were next. Brutal. Crushing. LOUD. They did not dissapoint!

I had never heard Nile before last night. They were quite impressive, peel-the-paint-off-the-walls heavy. I got to hang out on their bus for a couple of hours after the show. Cool guys. I got to hear some demos (guitar and drum machine only) that may be on their next record. Devin Townsend popped in for a few minutes too. Needless to say. I had a very good time!

God I love metal!

|  IP: Logged
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted February 02, 2003 17:27     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx for the review Thanos. That tour
makes a stop in Atlanta on Valentines
Day. I hope I get to go. We'll see how
financial situation dictates. I've got a
trip to Missouri beginning on March 3.
I'll be in St. Louis on the 4th before
heading out to Fort Leonard Wood for
a graduation. Come on out to the Blues-
Predators game man.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 02, 2003 17:29     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool! Sounds like a good time. Wish that tour was coming this way.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 02, 2003 17:52     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Napalm are doing a gig on their own with local support in Columbus, Ohio (@ the Billiard Club), February 4th due to a cancellation of one of the dates of the Nile-tour.

There were also some dates released of a german tour in late march, but that tour is completely cancelled and postponed untill autumn. They will be playing the With Full Force Festival apparently...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 02, 2003 18:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, thanks for this Thanos. I'll be in Atl for the show. Hopefully my buddy Layla's Dad can make this one. You know I'd never heard of Dark Tranq before but I downloaded some of their tunes off DAMAGE DONE and its awesome stuff. In my opinion, if they were the only band playing it'd be worth the trip.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 02, 2003 22:39     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
man, I'm heartbroken.
This thing rolled through the Twin Cities last week and I was too broke.
Fucking union had me laid off more than half of last year.
SYL will probably be back, but I haven't seen Napalm in over 10 years.
Fucked up.
Glad you had fun, though and thanks for the report.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan