my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Tee Hee! Metallica/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tee Hee! Metallica/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park...
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 01, 2003 14:04     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Almost too much fun for words - watching
those poor people get bent out of shape because this year's Metallica summer tour will apparently be with LP and LB! Oh the endless mirth!
On a more serious note, this is probably reflecting on the content of the new (or is that 'Nu') album... the more I think about it, the more it makes sense... 'angry, introspective vocals' and 'a newer, heavier direction'. Will Jaymz rap? Only time will tell...
I suggested that maybe they'd prefer those shows with Voivod that Jason was talking about... I'll see what the responses to that are in a minute...
Much levity.

Edit: Just realised I wrote 'sheep' instead of 'shape'. My subconscious is up to it's old tricks again...

|  IP: Logged
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 02, 2003 05:09     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pity that I have something better to do. Don't want to miss Bold and the Beautiful...
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 02, 2003 05:34     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Well, I stopped laughing, but I wonder how long it will take them to realise it's just the European festivals that they're on the same bill as. Who cares, I'm going to see Metallica at Reading this year, I'll just throw pears at Lame Drumkit and Stinkin' Shark.

Spot the Cliff Burton in-joke! Win a fabulous prize!

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 02, 2003 10:55     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone in the crowd threw a pear at ol' Cliffy when Metallica played Donnington back in '85. He ducked it, picked it up, took a bite and threw it back at the guy who threw it at him.

Cliff was the MAN!!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 02, 2003 14:15     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay!
You're right, he was THE MAN! Absolute genius on the bass, excellent musician and a great performer too, as that anecdote shows... he was also the life and soul of Metallica...
Well, I'm a Cliff nut. RIP Cliff!

BTW your prize is I don't hunt you down and kill you....

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan