my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » R.I.P. Columbia and Crew (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: R.I.P. Columbia and Crew
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 02, 2003 14:22     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listen Marginal...

Death affects different people in different ways.
For skul...those people on the River.
That is very sad to hear.

For me, i am angry.
I'm sick of losing people.
Even those i didnt even know directly.
From Bandmembers to Friends to Astronauts.
The death of Mosquito of Jinx bothered me...
'JasonsAngel76' (Carrie Simmons) really really hurts...There is death and Murder every day here in Dallas - It bothers me....and now, when you are watching 7 Astronauts die upon re-entry right above your head......that is enough!

Yes, Marginal, i heard about the Avalanche in BC that killed some folks. I was very sad when i heard that.

You do have a right to post whatever you like, but your insensitivity on the matter really struck a nerve with me.
Normally i would have just let it go as a dumb comment, but this time its different.

I'm tired of all this Death around me lately.

I hope the rest of 2003 can be better than it has so far.

|  IP: Logged
Lapatride
VoivodFan
Member # 188

posted February 02, 2003 15:11     Profile for Lapatride   Email Lapatride     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm really tired too of how it's going on earth these day. It's the reason why I don't really follow much the news anymore. I just ask a summary to people around me so I skip all the shit stuff. So a friend of mine told me about the destruction of Columbia because I'm really into science-fiction, and DAMN what i would give to see the earth getting smaller and smaller from up there. This is really sad to have lost all those special men and women and their works.

And when you look at the other polarity... there's still people who die frozen on park bench...(and don't make any reference of rich against poor, I just want to make it clear because I have a bad english) life have a strange sense of humour...

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted February 02, 2003 16:13     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King Kula, I just read your last post and would like to offer one final word...

Amen.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 02, 2003 17:32     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just wanted to chime in and say how sad I am that this happened. As a science buff and an ardent supporter of space travel/exploration this grieves me deeply. My condolences to the astronauts and their families.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 03, 2003 00:28     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Listen Marginal...

Death affects different people in different ways.
For skul...those people on the River.
That is very sad to hear.

For me, i am angry.
I'm sick of losing people.
Even those i didnt even know directly.
From Bandmembers to Friends to Astronauts.
The death of Mosquito of Jinx bothered me...
'JasonsAngel76' (Carrie Simmons) really really hurts...

Hey Kula, sorry to ask, but what is this all about?
Didn't she post on Chophouse or something?

Also, nicely written post. It is nice to see that there are people who still give a fuck,
especially after some of my experiences over the last 2 days
on some of the message boards and mailing lists I am on.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 03, 2003 00:35     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
I agree Tangento, and it's particularly sad to lose some gifted people who simply worked to expand our knowledge of how this and other universes function.

Even if you're not particularly interested in the astronauts or the scientific experiments they carry out, you can't help but be amazed by the photos that the new Hubbel camera captures.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/2003/

I love shots like that.
Noitall and Kane, (and the rest) if you are interested, I also have a page
devoted to astronomy with some really cool images and links:

Weirdness 4

I will add Astroplace on there, too.
Looks like an awesome resource.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 03, 2003 02:32     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a shame that they were minutes away from landing back on Earth. Mind-boggling to fathom the degree of force (18 times speed of sound) the shuttle was under when it disintegrated.

All the TV channels down here in Houston are covering the aftermath, it's hard to get away from it.

They say debris was still falling from the sky.

In the next day or so me and a friend are going to take the short drive down to NASA Space Center and visit one of the vigils. Would have went today but there is way too much traffic.

R.I.P. to the victims of this tragedy and prayers to family and friends of ALL affected (including you guys)

St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted February 03, 2003 21:34     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I must say I am deeply shocked & saddened by the events of Columbia. space.com is/and has been the homepage I wake up to every morning for many years now. Nobody really knows if damage during take-off caused the plight of the crew on re-entry. However, it saddens me to see people only take notice of the space program when things go wrong. Should we stop Manned flights to space? I think not. These people were heros who put their lives one the line for science & knowlege. For all mankind.

St.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan