»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » DRI / Cryptic Slaughter Re-Issues

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DRI / Cryptic Slaughter Re-Issues
prozak
unregistered

posted January 31, 2003 12:28       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In preparation for the upcoming re-issues, Relpase Records has posted
four Cryptic Slaughter songs at MP3.com: Lowlife, M.A.D., Money Talks,
and Wake Up. It's all free! More news to come! http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/439/cryptic_slaughter.html

The ‘Dirty Rotten CD,’ contains the original tracks from the ‘Dirty Rotten LP’, all tracks from the ‘Violent Pacification’ 7”. Plus a bunch never before heard bonus tracks as well as some radio interviews and some enhanced CDR footage from when DRI played CBGB’s. http://www.beercityrecords.com/

IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 31, 2003 12:34     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah! I am all over those! D.R.I. is one of my fave crossover bands so I'm really looking forward to these re-issues.
 |  IP: Logged
JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted January 31, 2003 13:14     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The DRI cd's look great, good to see a band put so much into a reissue.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 31, 2003 14:33     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard the DRI reissue... man, it's LOADED! The interview bits are, well, useless, but the demo stuff is nice.

I definately am going to get Cryptic Slaughter - Money Talks on cd. Althought i like Stream of Consciousness more (even though it sounds like garbage).

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 01, 2003 01:55     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I like "Convicted" best.

Yeah, at one point I thought Cryptic slaughter were the "fastest" H/C band, I thought the drummer was fucking insane! He could definitely play fast, but that was about it, other than that...he kinda sucked. And then came the "blast beat", and soon enough, CS were toast.

I had the chance to see CS back in '87 with "The Accused" and "The Dehumanizers" at "The Old Crescent Ballroom" in Tacoma WA..do you guys remember that old shitty-ass venue... St./X-D??

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 01, 2003 08:54     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackcloud:

Yeah, at one point I thought Cryptic slaughter were the "fastest" H/C band, I thought the drummer was fucking insane! He could definitely play fast, but that was about it, other than that...he kinda sucked. And then came the "blast beat", and soon enough, CS were toast.

I had the chance to see CS back in '87 with "The Accused" and "The Dehumanizers" at "The Old Crescent Ballroom" in Tacoma WA..do you guys remember that old shitty-ass venue... St./X-D??

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan