my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod speaks?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod speaks?
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 30, 2003 12:18     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm wondering... Every time that Voivod has a statement, we only hear Jason talking. Where are the other members? Will we hear Away, Snake and Piggy make statements? Is Jason the new official and only voice of Voivod? Guys, give us a sign! Speak up!
 |  IP: Logged
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted January 30, 2003 13:47     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In my worst nightmares, I see an interview on MusiquePlus with Claude Rajotte...
The interview is being done in english then translated by Rajotte because...

1) Only Jason showed up for the interview

OR

2) Only Jason is allowed to talk...

Voyons les gars, parlez-nous un peu crisse!!!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 30, 2003 14:02     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stie! That's scarry! I hopefully believe this is not gonna happen. I'm also wondering if they are going to rehearse in Montreal...
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted January 30, 2003 14:05     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know but perhaps they're letting Jasonic battle at the front (he sure seems to like it ) and Snake, Away & Piggy are happy with letting their music do the talking?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 30, 2003 14:38     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, is where we vote to ask Jason(ic) to step down as Voivod spokesperson? If so, I vote yea!

Bring back the interesting interviews and insights with Away and Piggy! Frankly, Jason's whole PR angle for this Voivod album has got on my nerves!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 30, 2003 15:08     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
In my worst nightmares, I see an interview on MusiquePlus with Claude Rajotte...
The interview is being done in english then translated by Rajotte because...

1) Only Jason showed up for the interview

OR

2) Only Jason is allowed to talk...

Voyons les gars, parlez-nous un peu crisse!!!

hey ca serait le bout .... C la qu'on voit que le monde ont pas tous leurs valeurs a la bonne place ....

Hey pis ca serait tu cave à l'os que musique-plus ne pas faire de voivod leur artistes du mois cette année ... siboire , les flos caves qui chantent '' i'm just a kid ...'' ont ben été artistes du moi , pouquoi pas voivod ...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 30, 2003 16:45     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's pretty simple Marginal, because they don't have enough of a buzz. Why no buzz? No push from a major A&R rep. No hype, no play. C'est simple. Anyway, Voivod doesn't even draw a big crowd in Montreal and most people under the age of 30 don't even know who they are.

Y'know, worse than Claude Rajotte would be Izabelle Desjardins. She's exceptionally retarded, imo.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted January 30, 2003 16:56     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i would imagine at this point in life, the last band that jason would join would be one with a talkative drummer.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 30, 2003 16:56     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh, who's Izabelle Desjardins? A Musique-Plus VJ? Sorry, I don't have cable, and I think that our non-quebecois friends might be even more lost than I am...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 30, 2003 17:05     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha ha, good one, about the talkative drummer. Does anyone remember that Lars Ulrich played drums on a Mercyful Fate song? Imagine... Jason joining Voivod, Lars joining Mercyful... That would be funny...
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 30, 2003 18:11     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will add only this:

The one and only...
Googlism for: jasonic

jasonic is the man who takes us there and then throws us over

(To be interpreted at your own discretion)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 31, 2003 05:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rat or angel? Does one really know?!
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 31, 2003 05:34     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JETHRO:
i would imagine at this point in life, the last band that jason would join would be one with a talkative drummer.

Very, very droll; there is of course one-huge-great
overiding difference between the two.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted January 31, 2003 09:16     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
difference? Mmmmmmnnnnn...

I would have to say that away had the class to never appear on one of his band's albums sporting a mullet.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 31, 2003 11:22     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JETHRO:
I would have to say that away had the class to never appear on one of his band's albums sporting a mullet.

I dunno... Look closely at your War & Pain album inserts. It might not rate a mullet, but Away's look during these days was certainly butt-rock. 'Course, that was 83-84 and not 89-90 as in Newsted's case, by at which time most of Metallica's fanbase were sporting mullets.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted January 31, 2003 13:03     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Away looks perfectly acceptable as opposed to ulrich's master/justice era "soccer/rocker", ape-drape.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan