my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Will history repeat itself?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Will history repeat itself?
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted January 30, 2003 04:04     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can anybody please tell me more about (or point me to another source) the circumstances of then-Jason leaving Flotsam? Did he go only to be able to join Alcoholica ? How did the fans and his former band-mates react? And how did he get the attention of his second big band anyway?
And if it really doesn't work out for Jasonic as he had hoped he can still revive Sacred Reich and Anacrusis or help make ALCHEMIST (their new album "Austral Alien" [awesome title, by the way!] will be out in May on Relapse Records!!!) as famous as they deserve at last!

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 30, 2003 05:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember Jason tried out for Metallica, got the gig, and then left Flotsam (which he was the primary song writter).
I personally thought it was a great thing considering the circumstances, and figured he would get the respect and exposure he deserved. I really enjoyed Flotsam when they first came out (still buy their cd, out of curiousity, but they are a hit or miss band)and thought Jason was (is) brilliant.

the rest of the details I'm not sure about.

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted January 30, 2003 07:30     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't the community and the Flotsam-guys feel betrayed?
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 30, 2003 08:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheHade:
Didn't the community and the Flotsam-guys feel betrayed?

Probably not. Apparently the Flotsam guys were OK with Jason leaving. He even helped them with some songwriting for the "No Place For Disgrace" album.

Plus, at the time it was clear for everyone this was the best move for Jason. As we all know, Metallica was on the verge of becoming HUGE.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 30, 2003 12:31     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
His friends (including some of the guys from Flotsam) helped pay for his plane ticket to the audition, so I don't think there was any bad blood there.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan