my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Some news....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some news....
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 28, 2003 21:15     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got that off blabbermouth...

quote:
VOIVOD Work With GEORGE LUCAS Team On New Video - Jan. 28, 2003

VOIVOD shot their parts for the "We Carry On" video in the San Francisco Bay Area last weekend, and have since handed the footage over to the workers at George Lucas's Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) for editing and post-production.

ILM, who are said to be longtime VOIVOD fans and have also worked on special effects for films such as "Spider-Man", "Blade", and this year's "The Hulk", are "gonna spin their little trickery and that's gonna be some kind of sick, five-minute freak visual for the first VOIVOD song," former METALLICA and current VOIVOD bassist Jason Newsted (a.k.a. Jasonic) said. "They can do anything, man. Anything you could come up with in your head they can put on the screen, so it's gonna be pretty amazing."

VOIVOD's upcoming self-titled CD is due on March 4 through Newsted's Chophouse Records (in association with Surfdog Records).

Now that's funny... First the Snake/Yoda reference, and now this! What's next? Piggy growin' a beard and starts to call himself Chewbacca?

|  IP: Logged
Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted January 28, 2003 22:59     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod vs Jar Jar Binks
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted January 29, 2003 00:08     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
May the forces be with you guys!!!
JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted January 29, 2003 00:28     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just hope the new album won't turnnout to be a "phantom menace".
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 29, 2003 05:23     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if I refer to "Quantum" from Phobos, it should rather be "Attack of the Clones"... but this has been done before I guess!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 29, 2003 05:32     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, if this is true then it's likely to be a killer video - as long as they can get what's inside Away's head onto film! I'd like to see that.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 29, 2003 06:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like it's gonna be cool but I hope the bands not spending all there $$$ before they make it. Maybe Jasonic is paying for it all, with his Metallica royalties.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 29, 2003 06:18     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Maybe Jasonic is paying for it all, with his Metallica royalties.

certainly is.
I don't think that would have happened otherwise... just like the promo CD we got a few weeks back...

...what's inside Away's head onto film... ha!
h, that's got to be real scary...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 29, 2003 08:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I originally hated this song but after several listens I'm starting to dig it. I finally realized its a great tune and the Vod qualities are there. Good tune for a vid too. Man, who better to work on this than Lucas's team. Hell yeah. I've actually got a cousin in LA who has done work with ILM before via another company. I'll have to ask him about this.

"Voi.who??????"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 29, 2003 08:56     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like Jasonic's REALLY believing in the commercial viability of Vod's new album! Anyway, it's always cool to see one of your favourite bands doin' fine...

Song's great, hope the video is a killer!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 29, 2003 08:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's this bit that makes the whole thing cool: "ILM, who are said to be longtime VOIVOD fans...". If they are they'll know thier shit. Then again if they are big fans they'd be posting here! Mr Lucas? are you out there?

"Close the screen doors and hope they don't have blasters."

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 29, 2003 11:35     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds really cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 29, 2003 12:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If they wanted the Video the be frightening they could put my face in there... Transparent...with the patented
Kula Deathray Stare!

Or maybe just a little CGI Kula wearing an orange Pirate Shirt getting stepped on by a giant Korgull Foot!

That would be cool!

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted January 29, 2003 14:31     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well if they want to get into Away's head, they just have to use the USB port he had implanted on the back of his head

That's Killing Technology for ya

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted January 29, 2003 16:49     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's next: "VoiVod - The Movie"?
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 29, 2003 19:51     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the future is now...
Voivod - Chapter 13: The Multiverse...

oh well, that was just (cool) a working title.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 29, 2003 22:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VH1 / MTV Voivod article

Check out the story on the band.
More about the video, and other tid bits.

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted January 29, 2003 22:54     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quote from article: "Voivod will begin a tour of approximately 30 U.S. cities on April 10. Then the band will head to Europe, where they'll play summer festivals. They may even wind up doing Denmark's Roskilde Festival..."

Other tidbits?! Holy sheepshit!!!!

Thanks schroeder!!!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 29, 2003 23:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great detailed information. And to think it came from MTV.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 29, 2003 23:54     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"A sampler of our album is playing as the hold music on one of the message machines over there at their [Metallica's]headquarters."

I didn't see any mention of Canadian dates. But I'm sure they'll happen. The new video should kick ass. I hope Away gave them some sketches and stuff. Mind you, if these guys are Voivod fans, they'll know his style.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 30, 2003 04:33     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ils vont garder le québec comme dessert , en dernier . Pis style 3 shows a MTL la meme semaine , ca seraqit cool
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 30, 2003 06:54     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No totta kai, Marginal. Saiskohan ton vielä käännöksenä?

Anyway, that video sounds incredibly cool. I can't wait to see it!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 30, 2003 08:31     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After reading that, i get the impression that this will NOT be Voivod's last Album.

Also...I KNEW that 'We carry on' was about the band! I knew it! There is some hidden meaning in there. I only wish i had the Lyrics or could fully understand what Snake is singing.

Thanks Schroeder for bringing that Article to our attention!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 30, 2003 09:22     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Things are finally clearing up, thanks a lot to the article schroeder brought up. On the other hand, looks like the "nothingface on steroids" Piggy pointed is a bit far from the album reality:

quote:
"We've been away for a while, so we didn't want to go so heavy with the concept this time," explained bassist and producer Jason Newsted (...) "We thought, 'Let's just get more direct with the tunes again and focus on that.' "

Let's wait and see...

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted January 30, 2003 10:55     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
After reading that, i get the impression that this will NOT be Voivod's last Album.

Sounds that way to me, too!

quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Also...I KNEW that 'We carry on' was about the band! I knew it! There is some hidden meaning in there. I only wish i had the Lyrics or could fully understand what Snake is singing.

Take a look here: http://voivod.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001172.html
Someone named Nehushtan did a pretty good job of transcribing the lyrics of the three new songs! Too bad he doesn't know yet where to really post this kind of information...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan