my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Cannibal Corpse- "Pounded into Dust"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cannibal Corpse- "Pounded into Dust"
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 24, 2003 20:48     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm listening to "Bloodthirst", and can everyone here (that loves CC) agree that "Pounded into Dust" has to be one of the most BRUTAL death-metal songs ever written?!?!

My god, the riffs are "bone-crushingly" incredible, and George's voice sounds fucking amazing, not to mention how fast he can GROWL on this track without missing a single syllable!

Btw, what do CC tune down to anyway? Is it down to G on a 7-string? I don't re-collect them ever using 7-strings though. I know I use "twelves" tuned down to B on my 6-string: BEADGB, that's how I remember Carcass doing it, if I remember correctly.

What does everyone here tune to? And how are you tuned, dropped or "straight across?" 6 or 7 string?

What standard tuning does the mighty 'CORPSE use?

Cheers!

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 24, 2003 23:06     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hate your new name, man...
What the fuck? it's like you went all gay on me?
What the fuckin fuck?
Blackturb of dipshit at least had some creativity to it.... now you look like a dumbass

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 25, 2003 03:21     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Sometimes I tune up a little to a C#.

Isn't that a B-flat?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 25, 2003 03:25     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I hate your new name, man...
What the fuck? it's like you went all gay on me?
What the fuckin fuck?
Blackturb of dipshit at least had some creativity to it.... now you look like a dumbass

...but I'm finally coming out of the closet, I "LOVE" flowers and bunnies! Believe me, this will all soon make sense and come "full-circle" as a part of my grand master plan!!!

Chill.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 25, 2003 04:58     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lol! Like the new name Blackcloud!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 25, 2003 09:11     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Punded Into Dust is one of the best tracks on what I think is one on CC's best albums. I'm gonna pick up the remasters once I got some extra cash.

I tune my Charvel standard (E,A,D,G,B,E) and my Hondo is tuned to dropped D right now (D,A,D,G,B,E). I was thinking of puting a set of 12's on it and tuning it to B or something really low and chunky.

Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted January 25, 2003 14:18     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right now I have the Iceman tuned to a drop B format. I'm really more of a bass player though, I just have a guitar to wank off with.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 28, 2003 07:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I spent my entire guitar p[laying life tuned down to BEADGF!=B (that's what a death metal background does for yer! ). I've just started tuning up to a D with lighter gauge strings (normally use 13-56). I figured I'd give it a try. It's a bit of an experiment for me, plus no one seems to use the D anymore.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan