my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » any news of voivod upcoming tours

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any news of voivod upcoming tours
tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted January 23, 2003 19:41     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anyone hear rumors or upcoming facts of any tours for voivod? the cd release date is almost upon us and no touring news yet
 |  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 23, 2003 21:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, they're coming to my house for a snipe hunt. You Northern folks are all welcome. This should be fun.
izgoblin
VoivodFan
Member # 178

posted January 29, 2003 15:03     Profile for izgoblin   Email izgoblin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm just curious to know what Eric songs will be played and how Snake will sing 'em. Haven't there already been a few shows with Snake last year? If I'm right, can anyone shed light on what songs they have been playing?
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 29, 2003 15:27     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They didnt do any Eric songs when they toured last summer so i doubt they'll add some of them during the next go around.
Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted January 29, 2003 20:08     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Away said they are not ready to do Eric-era songs. He said they bring back bad memories. Not sure what that meant.. On the other hand - Snake said he would love playing some of those songs. He even named a few that he likes from the 2 Eric CD's. I remember him mentioning Mercury. So - who knows...
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 29, 2003 21:21     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listening to the back vocals on '' Gasmask revival '' , Snake can easily perform some Forrest era songs imo .
izgoblin
VoivodFan
Member # 178

posted January 31, 2003 17:53     Profile for izgoblin   Email izgoblin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I just read that Snake won't be doing any Eric-era songs. I would have been curious to hear him tackle a few, but I can't say I'm disappointed in the least. This leaves more room for older favorites.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 01, 2003 04:26     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pity, cuz there are some great tunes on Phobos too... But if this means more songs from Killing Tech and Dimension, I won't complain...
tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted February 05, 2003 03:52     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
with the cd release drawing near, It is amazing that tour dates haven't started to pop up and who they might tour with.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 07, 2003 09:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD To Kick Off Tour In Early April - Feb. 7, 2003

Canadian metallers VOIVOD, now featuring in their ranks former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted, are set to kick off a North American tour in support of their self-titled new album on April 10, according to Newsted's latest online posting. "Voivod" is due on March 4 through Jason's Chophouse Records in association with Surfdog Records.

The following is Newsted's entire post as it appears in the "VOIVOD Diary" section of the Chophouse Records web site:

"Why haven't I written? Because I've been too busy kicking ass!!! Over the last 6 weeks since my last entry, we've been working hard to get the music to the people. The VOIVOD 3-song sampler featuring 'Gasmask Revival', 'Rebel Robot', and 'We Carry On' has dropped on the metal world, and is being well-received by people who know good music when they hear and feel it. We've completed all artwork for the record. The band is together in California for a bit. We spent [a weekend in late January] filming our first video for the track 'We Carry On' with some great creative people from Industrial Light and Magic here in the Bay Area. The video will be finished in approximately 1 month. We're planning world premiere screenings for late February. Also, keep an ear on your local radio for new VOIVOD music.

"As of [late January], we are roughing in April 10, 2003 as tour start date for VOIVOD in the US. We are all very excited to share our new band with the world - so let's go!!! And remember, you never know what is going to happen tomorrow, so we gotta ROCK today!"

farside
VoivodFan
Member # 193

posted February 07, 2003 14:56     Profile for farside   Email farside     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was at the first reunion show w/ Snake ...I believe it was London Ontario? I could be wrong.

Anyway, they didnt do any songs past Angel Rat.

If memory serves they played:

unknown knows
order of the blackguards
warriors of ice
The Prow
tribal convictions
overreaction
nuclear war
chaosmongers
voivod
astronomy domine

I feel like I'm missing some, but I cant remember exactally.

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted February 08, 2003 00:17     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been told that Portland will probably be skipped on the first tour
tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted February 08, 2003 02:06     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would be curious who they will tour with. some rumor had them with strapping young lad yet I heard they are touring with meshuggah.

I hope it comes to phoenix

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 08, 2003 06:29     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jason's friends with Devin Townsend so Strapping Young Lad might be a big possibility. That would be cool, IMO.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan