my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "We Carry On"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "We Carry On"
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted January 22, 2003 15:48     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blabbermouth:
quote:
VOIVOD Scrap Album Title, Prepare To Film Video - Jan. 22, 2003

Montreal metallers VOIVOD have scrapped "The Multiverse" as the title for their forthcoming studio effort and have now opted to make the CD a self-titled affair, according to a spokesperson for the band's label, Chophouse Records.

The group, who feature in their ranks former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted, are set to film a video for the track "We Carry On" this weekend. A previous attempt to shoot the clip — on Jan 9-10 — was foiled after the band were refused entry into the U.S. by the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) due to a "missing working permit."

VOIVOD's self-titled thirteenth album, which was recorded at Sausalito, California's The Plant studio, is set for release on March 4 through Chophouse (in association with Surfdog Records).

Well, a self-titled album and secondo "We Carry On" as video clip!!!!
I have a doubt about both of their choice!

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 22, 2003 16:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, at least they didn't change the name of the album to "Rebel Robot" or worse yet, "Real Again".
Chaosmönger
VoivodFan
Member # 166

posted January 22, 2003 17:10     Profile for Chaosmönger   Email Chaosmönger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have heard that this is supposedly the last album to feature the Voivod character; does anyone know if there is any validity to this? I'm just curious because they changed the album title from The Multiverse to the eponymous Voivod and thought that they may be trying to tell us something, like this is closure for the Voivod. They should if they aren't going to do any really aggressive music like War and Pain, Rrröööaaarrr, and Killing Technology anymore. I mean, shouldn't the Voivod be represented with harsher music since he exists in a post-nuclear age?
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 22, 2003 17:15     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know, I wasn't too keen on The Multiverse...
Wonder what the video'll be like... 'We Carry On' is a good song to go with a video.
And yes, 'Real Again' would have been a fitting, but cheesy title.

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted January 22, 2003 19:03     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I cant think of a better title for an album besides, "Voivod".
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted January 22, 2003 19:34     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If its their last album, I'd agree the self-title seems suitable.

There was talk of Away working on a solo album after and maybe the other members will do some side projects and whatnot afterwards for a while.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 22, 2003 21:29     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For what it's worth, Gasmask Revival has more commercial potential than We Carry On. THat wouldve been a better choice for a video, i think.
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted January 23, 2003 02:05     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last time I talked to Away he said this would be the end of the Voivod character. The scrapped third album with eric was also supposed to be the final installment too. Guess we will have to wait and see.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 23, 2003 03:45     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not sure about the self-titled album... I was very keen on The Multiverse too!

and haven't I read somewhere that the Voivod is supposed to die at war? so I guess it will actually be its last epic... sob!

...unless they bring it back to life in all sorts of supernatural ways, just like Jason in Friday 13th...

don't forget the Voivod is a nuclear creature... a mutant of sorts...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 23, 2003 06:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't care if they title it "Eat Shit"
I just wanna hear the music.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 23, 2003 06:22     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually there's a hyperspeed thrash song called "Eat Shit" on an album by an obscure, long-disbanded Finnish band named Airdash

I also thought "Multiverse" was a good name, but that doesn't matter. I'm just drooling for the music!

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted January 23, 2003 08:44     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As Schroeder said I don't care too much about the album title too ,(although I liked the concept of multiverse) but maybe the title Voivod should be used for an epic recording with the original band line up (I mean with Blacky).

For what concern the last chapter of the Voivod character, probably it's come the time that He die but I hope it doesn't mean that that band would broke up, maybe they'll create another new one or form a new band or continue without him... (too optimist?)

And I like to see the new video, I like the song and Voivod's videos are always good...

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 23, 2003 09:16     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helldriver:
...maybe the title Voivod should be used for an epic recording with the original band line up (I mean with Blacky).

good point there, runner of the hell road...

quote:
...maybe they'll create another new one or form a new band or continue without him...

why not call themselves Voïvod Jr.?
...maybe the Voïvod has a hidden son - in some galaxy far away - who will ultimately take care of his father's legacy...

the unknown konws, eh!

PS. Negatron is the evidence that a Voïvod album can be without the Voïvod character anyways...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 23, 2003 11:07     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
...maybe the Voïvod has a hidden son.

Nah, it's a hidden daughter.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 23, 2003 11:09     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

maybe they'll create another new one or form a new band or continue without him... (too optimist?)

Scoop : Voivod's members will start a new band called '' Warriors of vice ''

Here's a shot from their last rehearsal :

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted January 23, 2003 12:37     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Judging from the 3 songs we already have, they should call it:

SSSNNNOOOAAARRR!!!

PS. That pic above is really disturbing

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 23, 2003 16:22     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! My eyes! The burning pain! Must... ignore... temptation to... smash monitor!

Now now... less of the 'Promo is boring, I want more of the old style stuff...' jokes please...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 23, 2003 16:32     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SKUL! I didnt know you were in a Band!

Your the one in the middle with the body tatoo's, huh?

hehehe.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 23, 2003 17:41     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont even see a picture, man.
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted January 23, 2003 20:02     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NOOOOO! don't change the title, it's so.....elegant !
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 23, 2003 20:52     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I dont even see a picture, man.

Lucky fucking YOU

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 23, 2003 21:10     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually..the band will decide to go back to their "roots" soon enough with an "updated" METAL-look!

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted January 24, 2003 08:27     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
C'mon sir we are degenerating, please, we are speaking of Voivod future... be more serious.
That naked band is horrible, warriors of vice... eh eh eh.

So.. AHEM ...there is a hidden Voivod daughter, her name is?

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 24, 2003 09:02     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Her name is a very weird name : Youwontbehappiertoknowhername
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 24, 2003 09:33     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Nah, it's a hidden daughter.

...now this would be a completely different prespective... and interesting approach.

...the warrioress of ice, eh!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan