my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Lack of New Voivod Info? Is the Truth Out There?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lack of New Voivod Info? Is the Truth Out There?
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted January 21, 2003 02:41     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone know when there will be some reliable/updated info about Voivod and their upcoming album(supposedly it won't be called "The Multiverse" but rather "Voivod"..if this is true-why?). I've tried the Chophouse board but there hasn't been an entry since Dec. Why doesn't their management give the long suffering and extremely patient/dedicated fans some new info on songs? The real concept on this release? Even some sneak peeks at new Away art? Again,I'll ask this-Other bands can have constantly updated info/news..but the Vod fans have to wait and wait......
 |  IP: Logged
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 21, 2003 03:45     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll second that...
no news is good news they say but this is becoming really annoying.
what will be the actual title?
when and where will they tour??
why do they have an *official* site???

can you tell me why?
why don't you want to tell me why?...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 21, 2003 09:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I just looked on main page of Voivod's official site and the latest Voivod news is that Metallica played gig on back of a truck...

Yeah, there were some news 'bout Mudvayne there too, just the other day...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 21, 2003 09:30     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... yah... Metallica and Mudvayne... but of course he wouldnt talk about Black Cloud since it wasnt directly related to Voivod, right? What a putz.

Oh yah, and notice that Newsted still isnt featured on the main page at god.com...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 21, 2003 10:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Neutron, I think they released plenty of news. I mean J. had that daily studio thing going for a while which I thought was pretty amazing. And they also released plenty of art. The bastards even sent out free promos to the fans. I mean what more do you want to know. Maybe they don't want you to know what they're doing right now. Maybe they're having to wait tables or some shit like that to pay the rent(if this is true Noitall please go and get some pics for us). I mean if they're not doing anything interesting right now what's the point of getting on the horn and telling us about it. Snake: "uh, yeah, I wash dishes at a Chinese buffet resturant. I like to watch the weather channel at night."
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 21, 2003 11:05     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno. I'm kinda curious to know how Piggy's bowling game is lately, maybe find out who Snake hopes wins 'The Bachelorette'...
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 21, 2003 13:55     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kane, I'll look in to those questions as soon as the weather gets a little better and I can venture outside. It's about time for another VFN report.

Forecast: Cold as hell!
Extreme Wind Chill. Nasty combination makes for high riskof frostbite; relief likely a week away

CATHERINE SOLYOM
The Gazette

"It predicted a low of minus 22 degrees Celsius today in Montreal, which, combined with 40 kilometre-an-hour winds, will feel more like minus 40C."

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 21, 2003 14:31     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No shit, huh? Down here in good ol' New England were relishing the relatively balmy -20 (Fahrenheit - woo hoo!) wind chill. Guess we lucked out!

Personally, I love the cold. Gimme a nice freezing cold day over a humid, nasty 90 degree day anytime.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 21, 2003 14:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The latest Weather Report from Dallas Texas is...
Today it is in the 60's and Sunny.
Tomorrow...Cold Front comes through.
No snow though.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 21, 2003 15:10     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula, as penance I think you should spend a couple of hours in a walk in freezer. That would make me feel better.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 21, 2003 15:49     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh. Summer here. Sun today was melting, like 35 degrees (Celsius, dunno how much in Fahrenheit) or something... What a lovely day to go to the beach!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted January 21, 2003 16:19     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sweden's almost as boring as Yuri.com with: No snow, +3°C & rain

Brazil wouldn't hurt much though, nice flying over the beach in Rio
A room with a view for rent Slaytanic???

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 21, 2003 16:34     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cant think of any other way to say this, so..

CRISS QU'Y FAIT FRETTE!!

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted January 21, 2003 17:30     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One thing I hope the guys have learned from Jasonic is how to treat (not threat) the fans correctly...

Do you honestly think we would've had an almost daily up-to-date report on studio progress if it wasn't for Jasonic? Would we have seen Away's sketches and new logo? Would we have seen videos of the band rehearsing or recording live? Heck, would we ever get an advanced music CD? NOT!!! Asking the question is getting the answer The only thing we would've got is a word from Yuri saying "i'm waiting for management to blah blah blah..."

A big thanks to Jason who obviously is as big of a fan of Voivod as we are, and gave us what HE felt he would have liked to see and get as a fan.

It seems when the Iron Gang died, so did the privileged relationship between the band and the fans... [sigh]

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted January 21, 2003 17:59     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Je dirais même plus : Y fait crissement frette !!

Warriors of Ice j'veux ben, mais y'a des limites !!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 21, 2003 18:09     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL Skul et Seb !

Yeah, I agree with you Ynys (for once) but I don't know if I buy that he did it as a fan or as a part of his Chophouse marketing scheme since the CH seems to get as much, or more, attention whenever he gives an interview....

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 21, 2003 18:55     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Marketing is all well and good i think.... besides, didnt your xmas card had a VKool logo on it?

Now excuse me while i strip down to my shorts and go for a stroll on the sidewalk with an ice cream cone... It doesnt matter, it's freezing anyway.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 21, 2003 18:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, faux pas too.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 21, 2003 19:03     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
see?
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted January 22, 2003 12:00     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall, when have we disagreed so much? To be honest, I usually agree with what you say... Or are you referring to the Apple sticker on my car? Geez

PS. On appelle même pu ça faire frette viarge
Bienvenue à Sibérie, Québec!!!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 22, 2003 12:06     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
criss .... -43°c hier soir avec le facteur vent ....
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 22, 2003 13:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ynys, I was joking.

Oh, and I blame Manipulator for this weather since he thinks this is a 'normal' winter. Lose any toes yesterday Manip?

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted January 22, 2003 16:01     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nah,but apparently i have a frostbitten pipe

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan