my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Opeth North American Tour!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Opeth North American Tour!!
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted January 18, 2003 09:26     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really haven't heard much mention of this band on the forum. IMO this band has no peers. The music is friggin' incredible. The music, lyrics and imagery meld to produce absolute perfection.

The tour just started yesterday in Montreal. Anyone catch this show?! I'm catching the Cleveland show next Sat. - 6 hour drive! Plus, I'm seeing the show at HOB here in my hometown of Chicago. Anyone else dig this band as much as I do??!!

|  IP: Logged
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted January 18, 2003 15:43     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have seen 'em live only once, but was impressed by the broad range of music they play. Also lots of emotion in their music.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 19, 2003 20:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone know where I could listen to some Opeth online? Download a track or two? Couldn't find anything on their two sites.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 20, 2003 09:09     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's an Opeth tune on one of the CDs I sent ya, Mezcal. It's off their latest and it kills. I'm a BIG Opeth fan and I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't be after hearing them.
If you want some mp3's go to Yahoo and type OPETH MP3 in the search bar. A bunch of sites that have them will come up. The oficial site has a couple of 1 minute samples.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 20, 2003 09:14     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks buddy!
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted January 20, 2003 21:14     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey all! Didn't mean to come off sounding so arrogant. In my morning stupor, I don't think I got my point across. What I meant to get say was that I thought Opeth's music was unique in that nobody else - at least that I know - melds the brutal/soft melodic styles so well. If you guys haven't checked out Opeth yet, I really recommend you do!

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Anyhew, Mezcalhead you've got mail!

Counting down Cleveland...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 20, 2003 23:11     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Opeth bores me to tears but, hey, that's just me.
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted January 20, 2003 23:39     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really?!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan