my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What other forums do you subscribe to? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: What other forums do you subscribe to?
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 16, 2003 11:18     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm interested, you see.
Especially in the non-musical ones, as we seem to share a lot in common musically.
Unsuprisingly.

I don't wade through many, just:
Fortean Times. (Good for science and interesting links)
Both 'vod sites.
Fatbabies (a game development forum.)
various computer techie sites.

What are people other interests?

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 16, 2003 11:21     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To tell the truth, this is the only one I frequently visit. The only other one's for me are stuff like the tascam forum, which is cool if you have a question on recording stuff. Oh and the chophouse place now and again.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 16, 2003 11:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also Kula's forum (especially for those greeeat chick pics ), and I just subscribed to St Michael's (i.e., H2CF).
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 16, 2003 11:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You asked...so here are the others i Terrorise:

Church of Satan
Marilyn Manson
Stonerrock.com
Chophouse
Zebra (Yes...the Band Zebra)
Jeevas (Formerly the Band Kula Shaker)

...and one Warez Board that i cannot name.

Most of my postings are Voivodfan, Chophouse and the Zebra Board.
The people on the Jeevas Board are too stuck-up British Preppies. They kinda ran me off.
Imagine that.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 16, 2003 12:59     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
You asked...so here are the others i Terrorise:

Church of Satan
Marilyn Manson
Stonerrock.com
Chophouse
Zebra (Yes...the Band Zebra)
Jeevas (Formerly the Band Kula Shaker)

...and one Warez Board that i cannot name.

Most of my postings are Voivodfan, Chophouse and the Zebra Board.
The people on the Jeevas Board are too stuck-up British Preppies. They kinda ran me off.
Imagine that.

It sounds like any site connected to Morrissey and The Smiths. They can get really
preppy. I daren't post anything on them.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 16, 2003 13:04     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
erm ..

-here
-chophouse
-WARMACHINE ( cool band from ontario , very close to their fans . check em out , very promising band : their demo ( yes , only the demo ) was the 4th best metal album in Canada in 2002 and they're producing their first album with David Ellefson from Megadeth . Check em out and DL the song '' The beggining of the end '' to have some cool traditionnal metal http://www.warmachineonline.com/main.htm )
-Infogrames ( for the game ut2k3 . Some players here ? )
-Jump School ( another gaming forum ... )
- A ROMS forums ( warez )
- was on the metallica like 15 hours before i got banned ... Voimargyvod wasn't appreciated i guess ... )

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted January 16, 2003 14:15     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is the only Forum I check into too.

I check gwar.net, primussucks.com, chophouserecords.com, sometimes too.

******.com was at one point on my list, but its since got the heave-ho.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted January 16, 2003 15:10     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Post on the Napalm Death-forum : www.enemyofthemusicbusiness.com

Plus : mp3delivery.net and aussiepub.com

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 16, 2003 15:54     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marginal:
erm ..

-here
-chophouse
-WARMACHINE ( cool band from ontario , very close to their fans . check em out , very promising band : their demo ( yes , only the demo ) was the 4th best metal album in Canada in 2002 and they're producing their first album with David Ellefson from Megadeth . Check em out and DL the song '' The beggining of the end '' to have some cool traditionnal metal http://www.warmachineonline.com/main.htm )
-Infogrames ( for the game ut2k3 . Some players here ? )
-Jump School ( another gaming forum ... )
- A ROMS forums ( warez )
- was on the metallica like 15 hours before i got banned ... Voimargyvod wasn't appreciated i guess ... )

Voimargyvod was you was it? I noticed that they were actually making sense amongst all the sheep! They banned you!? Doesn't really surprise me...
Yes, I'll admit it, I post on the Metallica message board. Please forgive me. When I first signed up, there weren't too many people and everyone pretty much got along with each other, and respected people's opinions. Hell, some of them actually knew about bands other than the big M! It's just gone downhill from there.
Chophouse
Activebass forums occasionally
Megadeth
My friends bands forums too, but they're a bunch of dicks who edit everyones posts to make them 'funny'.
That's it I guess, I read the forums on yuri.god, shake my head in despair and come back here...

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 16, 2003 17:55     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:

Voimargyvod was you was it? I noticed that they were actually making sense amongst all the sheep! They banned you!? Doesn't really surprise me...

Obviously , you didn't see everything ... Too bad . Anyway , the banning didn't surprised me too ... I'm sure that 95% of peeps who post on metallica boards have only metallica CD ... nothing else ! My inpressions when i was on this board were that peoples over there are not very open minded to other music ... For em , there's only metallica on the fuckin planet ... So i started to get mad at all the assholes over there , then i told everyone that i would now act the same as they do : Thinking in a retarded way and be antipathic at the extreme . My banning ticket was just around the corner ... Yes , you're right when you say '' Hell, some of them actually knew about bands other than the big M! It's just gone downhill from there.'' . So that's why i feel so comfortable here and that i hate so much metallica boards

quote:
Live and let live . But if you don't let me live , you'll fuckin die

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 16, 2003 18:44     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I post at the Iron Maiden BB mostly. Besides here, that is.

I check out Chophouse now and then, but rarely post.

Same with the Halford BB and a new Judas Priest board that has a lot of people from the Halford board on it http://www.jpmessageboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

I used to hit the Iced Earth board, but I didn't like the format, so I found a cooler Iced Earth board but I haven't been thee for awhile.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 16, 2003 22:04     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
here..celtic frost.com..peter north.com..rotten.com have been my "internet" entertainment for quite some time now.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 17, 2003 03:59     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
- here
- H2CF
- Chophouse
- Tormentor's new Kreator forum

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 17, 2003 05:06     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We've all had those experiences on band forums.
This is the only music forum I've ever returned to on a regular basis. If you consider the voivod.com as well.
You can draw your own conclusions from that, I'm not about to start excessive ego massages.
Adrian Belew's got a nice little Yahoo community going, much more sedate than all those old reactionaries at Elephant Talk(though I did meet some cool people there.)
- I know a lot of you are fellow crimsoids.

Do any of you look at sites connected with the themes of 'vod's lyrics?
Science; Culture; Philosophy; etc.

Oh yeah, I LOVE UT 2003 too. Every lunchtime there's a nice big deathmatch going...
(Ah, I've also never met a 'Fall' fan online that I didn't like.)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 17, 2003 05:34     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
Also Kula's forum (especially for those greeeat chick pics

Sounds like somewhere I might wanna visit. Are you allowed to talk about real football there?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 17, 2003 07:39     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H...ummm...NO! lol!

Actually, you can talk about whatever you want to there.
The only thing is...its a Yahoo Group...and Yahoo SUX!!!
I get so frustrated with that place.

I need to update the Girly Pictures there.
The first Voivod Nude Pic area on the Internet. lol! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/voivod2003/

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 17, 2003 08:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I post mostly here. Occassionally I visit some retro games (and related) forums, too.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 17, 2003 09:37     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to point out that at Kula's site the " first Voivod Nude Pic[s] " are of neither the members of Voivod nor any Voivod fans.
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 17, 2003 10:20     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BumEggs:

Oh yeah, I LOVE UT 2003 too.

Cool ! So you know the map phobos2 ? What i wanna do is to start to learn the unreal editor and btw , change the music in this map and obviously , add the Phobos song . That would be awesome since i find that the lyrics fits so well with this map . It can take maybe a month when i'll figure to do this , but i'll post the link to the '' new '' map here when i'll be done if anyone are interrested

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 17, 2003 11:47     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here, exclusively!

Used to post at the Sound-On-Sound board (UK pro-recording magazine site) but not anymore, since new people came in and bad-mouthed all my 'mates' out. I'll wager most of you have seen the same thing happen, not least on the other VV site.

Also the Geddy Lee one but it was kind of silly, a forum based on one band or act, I mean, who would waste their time posting on such a board?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 17, 2003 11:57     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
I'd like to point out that at Kula's site the " first Voivod Nude Pic[s] " are of neither the members of Voivod nor any Voivod fans.

Thank heavans for that!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 17, 2003 12:41     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marginal:
Cool ! So you know the map phobos2 ? What i wanna do is to start to learn the unreal editor and btw , change the music in this map and obviously , add the Phobos song . That would be awesome since i find that the lyrics fits so well with this map . It can take maybe a month when i'll figure to do this , but i'll post the link to the '' new '' map here when i'll be done if anyone are interrested

Well, given that that sort of thing is my day job.
I could knock up some voivoddy textures for the level. Logos, that sort of thing.
Let me know. We once made a QIII mod, and that was fun.

Bum.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted January 17, 2003 20:12     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Errhm.
This is THE place for me to check out when i get home every day, always something new that i didn't know and a few laughs to go with it And a local Paragliding forum just to read about the recent accidents, these beginners
And, Destructions forum. Schmier, the bassplayer, singer is one active hero on that forum. Check out their 80's, great stuff. The Frosties site is also great.

Now it's 0200 am, time for some BF 1942 with some friends

Mez, Your stuff is on the way now. Lots of music, a video and a our own Alfa Calendar

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 17, 2003 23:38     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula? Church of satan?
Very disappointing, my man.
What a fucking waste.

I am active on:

the Zappa.com forum,
(one of the funniest and most entertaining around)

Deviant Art
...a huge and endless resource for all manner of twisted and up-and-coming artists.
(skins, wallpapers, photography, 3-D, etc.)
Shit, Warcorpse! You would fit right in.
There is even a way to sell your work there.

Other Bands:
Celtic Frost, Wall of Voodoo,
Ipecac Records (Bungle, Patton etc.)
Napalm Death, Killing Joke,
and one of my faves,the GWAR Bohab Central Bullshitting Board
(Worth signing up for)

See you at CF, Blackcloud

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 18, 2003 03:10     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
- Tormentor's new Kreator forum

Is that still going? I was there a long time ago but things went too slow for my love of Kreator! I went there after finding Kreator's "official" site too GERMANIC! (couldn't understand a goddamned thing!) But now the official site has an English version!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan