my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Away influenced artwork

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Away influenced artwork
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted January 15, 2003 13:14     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've done those artworks a whiile ago.
The orange one was a little inspired by the Unknown knows and done in Softimage the same software Away used to do the Negatron cover. I really dig Away stuff he got a unique style. I bought The Black Hand record for the artwork. Anyone fell a connection with Phillipe Druillet french comic artist and Away art.

Here is a link to my dead website Syl Disjonk homepage

|  IP: Logged
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 15, 2003 13:30     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ca a de la classe en criss man , du talent en masse ! J'sais que c'est dur mais est-ce que tu fais de l'art ton métier principal ( d'apres ce que j'ai vu sur ton CV , t'as la formation pour ) ? Sinon , ben kesse t'attends ?
druillet
VoivodFan
Member # 123

posted January 15, 2003 18:22     Profile for druillet   Email druillet     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eheheh Philippe Druillet mades great comic books.Read you :"LA NUIT".C'est superbe.
ciao.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted January 15, 2003 18:55     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Merci Marginal !
Je travail comme infographiste dans une boite de multimédia de Québec.

Druillet did your nick come as a reference to the artist ?

I known the book La nuit, it's very raw and chaotic it remind me the RRRROOAAARRR album.
But my favorite Druillet book is Les 6 voyages de Lone Sloane, morbid, psychedelic it's all there !

I'm also into The Incal and The Meta-Baron, Alexandre Jodorowsky is my favorite screenwriter, have you seen the movie the Holy-Mountain ( must fucked-up movies I ever seen ), mind bending.

This image is a Druillet rip off.

I don't care what I am, I am the never man

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 15, 2003 19:43     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Syl, c'est quoi une " boite " de multimédia ? Help the little anglo girl out.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted January 15, 2003 20:54     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A multimedia compagny we are doing websites and cd-roms, I do mostly the graphics side of things.

The error was perfect like this sub-effect ....

druillet
VoivodFan
Member # 123

posted January 16, 2003 22:44     Profile for druillet   Email druillet     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes my nick come from the reference to the french artist.
i like also Moebius.
And there is an other great artist:ANDREAS.
"Cyrrus" "Mil" "Arq" and others c. b.
But in Italy i don't found the last number of Arq.I think is printed only in France

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan