my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Two Voivod albums

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two Voivod albums
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 14, 2003 13:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've had Dimension Hatross for about a year now, and I've decided to buy some more! I'm definitely getting Nothingface, but what two others do you guys recommend I get (with reasons, if possible! ). Thanx!
P.S. I already know what King Kula's recommendation would be

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 14, 2003 13:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Killing Technology - this is where Snake started to 'find his voice' and the band started to become very unique and different from everyone else that was playing at the time.

The Outer Limits - if it's only just to hear Jack Luminous buy this.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 14, 2003 14:02     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes , outer limits ( for the same reason than schroeder ) and angel rat ( My reason to get this album is weird : Terry Brown . Because i'm a big Rush fan , i let you figure the rest ) . But Angel Rat is kinda hard to find .
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted January 14, 2003 14:15     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Schroeder. The next two you should get are Killing Technology and TOL. If you enjoy a little more of the straight rock/punk sound with some psychedlic parts and slower stuff, Angel Rat would be next.

Angel Rat and TOL would be easier to find on ebay than in stores too.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 14, 2003 14:24     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:

P.S. I already know what King Kula's recommendation would be

Oh, Thanks! Dont even give Kula a chance!
hehehe.

Just buy any CD Schroeder tells you to then.
You cant go wrong.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 14, 2003 15:28     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lol sorry Kula! I just knew exactly what you'd say...
Yeah, I guess I'll go with Killing Technology and The Outer Limits then... or maybe Angel Rat too (I've been listening to the demos Warcorpse posted... I like!)
Thanx guys! I'm gonna be a very happy Voivodfan....

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 14, 2003 19:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Angel Rat is right at the top of my list and easy to find cheap, but the other 2 are more diverse from each other and gives you a better idea of where they came from and where they were headed. I'd have a hard time choosing any of the 5 to get rid of if I was faced with that decision...but if I was faced with that choice, I'd kill the person that was making me choose, instead of giving one of them up.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan