my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Sucking the 70's CD

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sucking the 70's CD
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 11, 2003 20:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally got that damn CD today!
Something really funny from the Credits of the CD:

HANGNAIL "Bron-yr-Stomp" Written by: Page/Plant/Jones. H. Armstrong: Vocals, Percussion, Guinness. J. Ogawa: Guitars, Percussion, Pure Rolls. A.R. Hakimi: Production, Percussion, Inhalation. The Nailettes: Vibes and Beer Runs. Recorded in the small hours at Wavelength Studio's London by A.R. Hakimi. Hangnail appear courtesy of listening to Led Zepplin III too much. www.hangnail.org

Accolades for
Sucking the 70's...

An aural trip down memory lane... back to the good old days when Rock & Roll actually stood for something and you could get a groupie to give you head from Cleveland all the way to the New Jersey state line. No expense was spared for this one kids. We’ve gathered 35 bands, from 6 countries, across 4 continents to revisit the songs that were probably playing on your car radio when you first got laid (or some of you were conceived). From the first blast of guitar on Five Horse Johnson’s rendition of Mountain’s “Never in my life” to the last smoldering note of Gideon Smith’s take on Steppenwolf’s “The Pusher”, “Sucking the 70’s” is a rollercoaster ride through the classics that defined a decade.

Of special note are Scott Reeder’s (Kyuss, Unida) solo debut, Broadsword featuring J. Yuenger’s first released material since leaving White Zombie, and Clutch’s smoking re-invention of Jethro Tull’s “Cross Eyed Mary” as well as Spirit Caravan’s final recorded effort.” From ballads to bong hit’s this collection has everything...except Stairway. So, strap on your roller skates and dig out your lava lamps: The 70’s are back with a vengeance. Sorry, no eight track version, this baby clocks in at 156+ minutes of ass kicking rock.
www.stonerrock.com www.smallstone.com (Smallstone Records)

:::

H...Tell us about these..."Nailettes" and theyre "Vibes."

Killer CD! Buy it Folks!

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 11, 2003 20:57     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah... SUCK
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 13, 2003 06:08     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh. That recording session was a lotta fun. The end result wasn't up to much, but we had a fucking good laugh. It was just a beer and weed party that we mic-ed up really. That's my missis at the end going "oh shit maaaan, I burnt the fucking carpet!" while another lass called Michelle was skipping about playing a tambourine. It was 1969 that night!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan