my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Does anyone remember F.U.C.T.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone remember F.U.C.T.
FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted January 11, 2003 14:56     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
F.U.C.T. were a band from Nashville,TN in the late 80's and early 90's. They were huge Voivod fans and did a couple of shows with them during that era. They had one album called "Dimensional Depth Perception". If you can find it pick it up. I was wondering if anyone else remembered them as well? They were unique in that they did acid nearly every show they played whitch ended up being the demise of the band. The guitar player (Brooks) died in the late 90's of a heroin OD.
 |  IP: Logged
FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted January 11, 2003 15:00     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forever Ungratical Corinaric Technikalation
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 11, 2003 18:28     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FantasticPlanet:
F.U.C.T. were a band from Nashville,TN in the late 80's and early 90's. They were huge Voivod fans and did a couple of shows with them during that era. They had one album called "Dimensional Depth Perception". If you can find it pick it up. I was wondering if anyone else remembered them as well? They were unique in that they did acid nearly every show they played whitch ended up being the demise of the band. The guitar player (Brooks) died in the late 90's of a heroin OD.

Hell yeah I remember F.U.C.T.

I was one of the 18 people who bought that album,
judging by their complete lack of presence on the WWW.
I spent about a half hour a couple of weeks ago
looking for a shred of info so I could post them a link, but to no avail.
They are one of only about 12 (out of 200+ bands)
on my 'List From Hell' with no link whatsoever. :-(
Nice to see someone remembers...

It was semi-technical crusty stuff with a few odd melodies if memory serves.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 11, 2003 18:53     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And wheels are turning...
you inspired me to use the album title for further searching,
and I at least found a few pages.
This guy says if you email him, he will send a copy:
http://www.fubarm.com/tgr/supercolliderfilms/interview.html

(scroll to question #5)

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted January 11, 2003 18:54     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool! They were a great bunch of guys and your right you can't find them an the net .
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 13, 2003 00:54     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've never heard of them but I was wondering how doing acid during every show was the demise of the band? Did they start sounding like shit? All playing a different song at the same time? Playing nothing? Were they mostly improvisational? Or did they end up freaking out and turning to God? (the last question is a joke, all the others are serious). Sucks the guy OD'd on heroin, should have stuck with acid. Can't OD on that but it WILL make you wish you were dead if you eat too much, or even think you are dead. I haven't dropped in 7 years. (damn, that long?? Maybe on March 4th hehehehe!)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan