my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » You've escaped!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You've escaped!
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 07, 2003 12:15     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phew, it's civilised here.

Over on Voivod.com, as I'm sure most of you have seen, it is infested with deranged trolls with too much time on their hands.

I'm fighting the temptation to reply to the stupidest of the buggers, but it's so hard to resist...

How come this sites excaped their wrath?
Not that I'm wishing for it.

|  IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 07, 2003 12:31     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Let's all say big thanks to yuri, for banning the name "voivodfan" on his site

Yes. I'd never thought of that. Poetic justice for those that argued about it!
Ahem, perhaps that was the plan all along?

I fear that some of them might have cottoned on, there are a couple of threads that name this site covertly. They're still not here though...

They must be too intimidated to even try?

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted January 07, 2003 12:37     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BumEggs:
Yes. I'd never thought of that. Poetic justice for those that argued about it!
Ahem, perhaps that was the plan all along?

I fear that some of them might have cottoned on, there are a couple of threads that name this site covertly. They're still not here though...

They must be too intimidated to even try?

I like Voivodfan.com better because as you can tell the true Voivod fans post over here. Voivod.com lacked the dedication needed to be called the "official" Voivod sight. The mere fact that they block Voivodfan's name out should tell you all you need to know about Yuri. Nuff said.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 07, 2003 12:53     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello.

Yes, I know there's loads of less-than-private resentments. I really didn't want to start joining in with that, to be honest.
I still don't.
Yuri's always been cool with me, I really don't want to open this debate though as in my experience all Voivod fans have been sound people and worth talking to.
Forgive me if that sounds a bit Manowar.

I'm a really sporadic poster anyway - at the mo. I'm posting quite a bit 'cause the demo has got me all a quiver.

Have fun.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 07, 2003 13:03     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey BE. If you don't mind, I'd like to address your comment on Voivod.com about Voivodfan: "Yep, the other site does have a different attitude than this one - generally much more focused on the thrash/death/whatever end of things.
It's also fair to say that they do seem to be sobbing quietly into their hands over the direction of they new material."

Fair enough, your opinion et al, but 'sobbing into their hands' is stretching it just a little bit don't you think?

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted January 07, 2003 15:44     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Hey BE. If you don't mind, I'd like to address your comment on Voivod.com about Voivodfan: "Yep, the other site does have a different attitude than this one - generally much more focused on the thrash/death/whatever end of things.
It's also fair to say that they do seem to be sobbing quietly into their hands over the direction of they new material."

Fair enough, your opinion et al, but 'sobbing into their hands' is stretching it just a little bit don't you think?

hehe, too funny. i read that myself Noitall.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted January 07, 2003 16:53     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"generally much more focused on the thrash/death/whatever end of things"

not me for sure. maybe that explains my appreciation for the new tracks.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 07, 2003 21:06     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think you're more on the whatever end of things than anything else.
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted January 07, 2003 21:08     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like playing the "thrash,death,power metal,speed metal,etc" stuff on Voivod's early records and especially Killing Tech.

...however that was then, this is now.

I like the refreshing and groovy vibe on the Multiverse, myself.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted January 07, 2003 21:41     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
skawl, you smart ass ! that's such a multi-layered statement, i wouldn't know where to begin

"...however that was then, this is now."

ezakly, space monger !

buckle up for next...

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 08, 2003 05:09     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep.

Hello.
Oh dear.
It is difficult to sum up an entire forum in a couple of sentences you understand...
Especially when you're a 'smiley refuser'.
Like the description of the earth being 'Mostly Harmless' in 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.'
I didn't mean to say this forum was shallow, hope you don't think that...

I did claim a *bit* of poetic license with the "quietly sobbing" line. I know those threads were more balanced than that, but I was trying to address one of those posts I really should be ignoring.

I'm glad some of you like the new tracks as much as I do. They seem to be growing on me more and more.

Have fun.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan