my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Yakuza and Ephel Duath

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yakuza and Ephel Duath
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 06, 2003 20:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At times I wonder if any new bands out there are trying anything different in the realm of heavy music. One can become quickly depressed when forced to listen to the mulch oozing out of the radio. Here are two bands that I find to be pretty exciting:

From Italy EphelDuath

and Chicago USA
Yakuza

Perhaps there is still hope...

Having just listened to the ED again. Let me say INFUCKINGCREDIBLE. I swear I haven't heard anything this amazing in a long damn time. Check them out.

|  IP: Logged
FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted January 06, 2003 22:09     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
At times I wonder if any new bands out there are trying anything different in the realm of heavy music. One can become quickly depressed when forced to listen to the mulch oozing out of the radio. Here are two bands that I find to be pretty exciting:

From Italy EphelDuath

and Chicago USA
Yakuza

Perhaps there is still hope...

Having just listened to the ED again. Let me say INFUCKINGCREDIBLE. I swear I haven't heard anything this amazing in a long damn time. Check them out.

ED is the shit! I love that spastic jazzy influnced heavy stuff.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted January 07, 2003 09:46     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm in the same boat - looking for new ideas whilst collecting back catalogues (my wife despairs - she thinks I'm regressing, any further and i'll paint my face white with a black star over 1 eye )

Mad Capsule Markets are doing it for me at the moment (a little like Alec Empire and Atari Teenage Riot)

But deep down, I know I've been spoiled, trapped and tainted by the counter movement to 80's cock rock metal with the early 'tallica / Anthrax, 'Vod, Nuclear Assault and maybe Exodus at a push

'taint my balls, 'taint my ass .......

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 07, 2003 10:24     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, man - that Ephel Duath is cool. Haven't got round to the others yet. Need to finish downloading those NF demo's first! Thanks Mez.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 07, 2003 16:41     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the links Mez!

I had previously heard neither of these bands and I'm diggin' the samples I've checked out thus far!

I think h said it best when he stated (some time ago) "This forum is makin' me broke!"
So much good music, so little money!

Never have I trusted so many people's tastes in music as I do on this forum.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan