my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » A Sad Day for Creed fans

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Sad Day for Creed fans
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 31, 2002 21:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CREED frontman Scott Stapp was reportedly "high out of his mind and could not sing" at the band's Chicago show at Allstate arena Sunday night (Dec. 29), nearly falling down numerous times during the performance. A CREED fan writes on the Creed Pit message board, "As soon as Stapp STAGGERED on to stage it was obvious it was going to be bad. He about fell down numerous times. Sat down through the majority of the show. Laid flat on his back and could hardly get back up. When he did get up he slammed his mic and took out his ear plugs and pack." "rocketman123" added, "My wife just called from Chicago and said Scott was so drunk he fell and left the stage several times. She was really sad to see him like that and said a lot of pitters just couldn't believe what they saw."

Another source sent the following message to BLABBERMOUTH.NET: "My friends went to the CREED concert last night and said it was the worst show they had ever seen of this caliber. They have seen CREED half a dozen times and said last night was a departure from their usually stellar performances. Apparently Scott Stapp was high out of his mind and could not sing. After three songs he was booed off the stage… Scott ran off stage and did not return for ten minutes. After finally returning, I guess he was missing all his cues and the guitar player and drummer had to cover by playing several unplanned solos. My friends said he was obviously out of his mind and could not stand let alone sing. Most of the show he either sat propped against the riser or laid flat on his back... sweating like a pig, stumbling around likening the display to the late Morrison."

Beth H writes on Metromix, "By far the worst concert I have ever attended. I was truly disappointed in Scott Stapp. I'm a huge CREED fan and for him to behavior this way makes me think that maybe he doesn't care as much about his fans as he says he does. I believe an apology and an explanation are in order!" Melissa M added, "I almost had to check my concert ticket to see what show I had come to see. I thought that maybe I was at either a STONE TEMPLE PILOTS or a GUNS N' ROSES show! This is something that I would never expect from the band CREED." Brian T commented, "It was a sad day for CREED fans. I was hoping that Scott had the flu as I heard him squeal through bullets for the opener. To everyone's amazement, it wasn't the flu. Scott was completely smashed. He forgot the words to some songs, and let the crowd sing the others. I felt bad for the other guys - they looked embarrassed as they did their best to put the pieces back together. When he walked off stage after 'Who's Got My Back', I secretly hoped they would cancel the show saying that Scott was feeling ill. The only good thing that may come out of this is if Scott goes into rehab and comes up with some new lyrics for the fourth album. This was my 3rd CREED concert and I have never been so disappointed. I send my best wishes to Scott and the guys, and hope that he can get his life back together, and find that magic and presence that made them my favorite band in the first place. Hopefully they can find a way to make it up to the fans in Chicago, especially for the first time concert goers out there."

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 01, 2003 06:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!!

They can form a new acapella group with Stapp, Axel,& Weiland ...they can all sing the "HIGH" notes to an empty arena.

Pittiful bunch of rich fuck-ups.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 01, 2003 07:49     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad thing is they used to be a nice metal band before going Pearl Jam (or trying to).
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 01, 2003 11:58     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Creed ? ...
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 01, 2003 13:04     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, all Creed's whiney christian fans are going..."This is TERRIBLE! He's not on DRUGGS is he? Drugs are of the Devil! Drugs are Evil! We will have to Pray for him!..."

King Kula says...

Cool! The rest of the Band should all get fucked-up too! It would be an improvement to theyre music!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted January 01, 2003 14:11     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol kks ... Or just rename the band : CREEP ...
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted January 01, 2003 14:36     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
Sad thing is they used to be a nice metal band before going Pearl Jam (or trying to).

What?! Hopefully Scott pulls a Bonham in his sleep...

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 01, 2003 15:06     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Awwwwwww
did da litoo puppy doggie get dwunk...? awww

Click the talentless hypocrite for more.

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted January 01, 2003 18:39     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fame!!!! why the fuck would anyone want it!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 01, 2003 19:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H.Rig, I thought those comments by the fans were pretty damn funny. Just shows you how pathetic these people are. Figured you guys would get a kick out of it.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 03, 2003 06:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL HA X 1000!!! Funny shit (as if going 'HA' 1000 times doesn't classify as funny). I wish he would have faceplanted off the stage! "TRUE" rock bands at least build up a tolerance so these "embarassing" incedents do not occur! He has betrayed his fans by not doing just that. Boo hoo now the next album will only go double platinum, a FLOP for Creed
Actually it sounds like he was "on" more than just alcohol. Creed fans are too stupid to realize that (unless he really IS just a pathetic light-weight).
Someone should have done him (and us) a favor and pushed him off stage!!! Teach his ass a lesson!!!
You can tell I love Creed can't you

stevefrehley
unregistered

posted January 04, 2003 00:26       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
one step closer to being like jim morrison. what a jackass! at least jim was original.
IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 04, 2003 01:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was Jim Morrison really that bad while performing live? Concert goers knew that there was a high chance that he would be tilted.
There is no way this Creed faggot can be thrown into that category. He will kiss the fans' asses and they will forgive him and blah-fuckity-blah they will love him even more for admitting his mistake. Perfect ploy for a shitty 'feel-good' band.

Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted January 05, 2003 22:31     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the worst vocal performances I ever saw was Scott Stapp doing "Break on Through" on VH1's an evening with the Doors a couple of years ago. Simply hideous.

Oddly enough, Scott Weiland's performance on the same show (can't remember what songs now) was actually quite good.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted January 07, 2003 04:01     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... I think if I ever get into a band I will deliberatly tell everyone before hand that I suffer from periodic alcoholic episodes and that if they can't handle that then... Then again this is why I like small informal club gatherings where everyone is there for a good time first and if some of the people are capable of climbing up on stage and actually creating something which sounds good, well so much for the better... If not well thats when its time to play some canned music! If you are into something alot more serious, then don't bother coming to see me because you ain't going to get it! If anything, while I'm suffering from one of these binges, I may very well go completely stark raving mad (especially if I happen to down a mickey of tequila with the case of beer!)! Did I ever tell you about the time when I woke up in the drunk tank at the east van. police H.Q. with (GASP!!!) no clothes on! Apparently I was even scaring the hell out of the cops who were seriously considering calling in a shrink for me! Where was my clothes? Apparently everyone thought I was going to commit suicide! I wonder if them Russian war cries had anything to do with it!?! When I'm in that extreme of a state of mine, a person could probably brake a two-by four over my skull and I wouldn't even remotely feel it! Times like that I seriously even begin to doubt my own sanity!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 07, 2003 08:15     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by El Indio:
Did I ever tell you about the time when I woke up in the drunk tank at the east van. police H.Q. with (GASP!!!) no clothes on! Apparently I was even scaring the hell out of the cops who were seriously considering calling in a shrink for me! Where was my clothes? Apparently everyone thought I was going to commit suicide! I wonder if them Russian war cries had anything to do with it!?!

Hehe, that reminds me of what happened to a classmate of mine back in the highschool. He had been in some home party in the middle of the week, and the next morning he appeared to the first morning class, still drunk and visibly scared to hell. He burbled something about a naked older guy and a sofa. Eventually we found out that he had woken up in the flat of some over-50-year-old, hairy, fat guy. The first sight he saw when he opened his eyes was this guy standing naked in front of him, asking if he wanted to do a little morning exercising with him...Alcohol sure does make life interesting sometimes

stevefrehley
unregistered

posted January 07, 2003 23:50       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah , scotty boy was pretty pathetic on that doors show. he screwed up in both songs he did. JACKASSS!!!!! not to mention that horrible attempt at jim's voice.
IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan