my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Yes, I'm new here...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yes, I'm new here...
Randolph Mantooth
VoivodFan
Member # 168

posted December 30, 2002 10:06     Profile for Randolph Mantooth   Email Randolph Mantooth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings all! I am an old school 'Vod fan and Iron Gang member from back in the 1980s. I am Kane's big brother, but please don't hold that against me!

I forwarded him the mp3 of Rebel Robot over the weekend and I should be receiving a file for We Carry On either tonight or tomorrow. Once I do I'll send it to my bro and he'll post it here.

Looking forward to chatting with fellow fanatics! Cheers!

|  IP: Logged
Randolph Mantooth
VoivodFan
Member # 168

posted December 30, 2002 10:21     Profile for Randolph Mantooth   Email Randolph Mantooth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, I'm pretty well acquainted with the site - it's great!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 30, 2002 10:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another VICTIM enters Morgoth

Glad to have you on our planet. It's getting populated...which is a good thing.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 30, 2002 10:51     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes!
Welcome aboard!
Everyone here is crazy. Except me of course.

Randolph Mantooth
VoivodFan
Member # 168

posted December 30, 2002 11:08     Profile for Randolph Mantooth   Email Randolph Mantooth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some of you might know me as "Marty Feldman's Left Eye" on some other boards. If you don't recognize that stupid screen name then good for you - that means you don't spend much time on other boards!

That's something I need to work on!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 30, 2002 11:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
Yes!
Welcome aboard!
Everyone here is crazy. Except me of course.

Weeeeeell...

Cheers! This is surely the best place to chat with other Voivod fans/general metalheads. And, of course, welcome aboard!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 30, 2002 12:54     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome !
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted December 30, 2002 15:23     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How's it going Randolph? You still
drive that fire truck for a living?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 30, 2002 15:29     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All right! Someone knows who Randy Mantooth is! Congrats, Layla's Dad. You win the cigar. ha ha
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 30, 2002 15:46     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to the last vestige of sanity in the universe. Some may debate that, but then again I was never one to argue my sanity. Or King Kula's.
Have fun!

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted December 30, 2002 15:46     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea....that definitely caught my eye. This
shows I'm one of the old cats on the
forum. Actually when Randy was in the
big time, I never missed his show. I
think you can catch reruns on cable now.
"Marty Feldman's Left Eye" ? These
are great names. Wish I couldve done
as well when the LD moniker spewed
forth.

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted December 30, 2002 15:49     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm new as well! I'm from Indianapolis Indiana and Voivodfan.com is the best Voivod fan site by far. I'm a long time fan of Voivod myself, as a matter of fact I've had the pleasure of seeing them several times from 1986-1993 and they've always put on a stellar show. I never saw the last version of Voivod with E-force but I liked about 1/3 of the material they put out between Negatron and Phobos. I have high hopes for the new record but after hearing Rebel Robot I'm happy but i'm not blown away. But I think like any good record it will take a while to grow on you. Dimension Hatross, Nothingface and Angel Rat are truly timeless recordings. Those records never get old, and they hold a tall order of excellence to live up to. My dream was to see the four original members to regroup and put out a true progressive future metal measterpiece. Lastly, I'm still a huge fan (even though I think New$tead is'nt the right fit)and I will continue to support the band and hope that they get "financial due" they deserve while still remaining to hold on to their integrity.
Randolph Mantooth
VoivodFan
Member # 168

posted December 30, 2002 16:10     Profile for Randolph Mantooth   Email Randolph Mantooth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Layla's Dad:
"Marty Feldman's Left Eye" ? These
are great names. Wish I couldve done
as well when the LD moniker spewed
forth.

I also post as "Ham Stroker's Ejacula" - how ya like them apples?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 30, 2002 16:13     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FantasticPlanet:
Dimension Hatross, Nothingface and Angel Rat are truly timeless recordings. Those records never get old, and they hold a tall order of excellence to live up to. My dream was to see the four original members to regroup and put out a true progressive future metal measterpiece. Lastly, I'm still a huge fan (even though I think New$tead is'nt the right fit)and I will continue to support the band and hope that they get "financial due" they deserve while still remaining to hold on to their integrity.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Welcome, glad to have you here Same to you Randolph! If either of you are interested in trading puffy pirate shirts, please see King Kula

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 30, 2002 17:08     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome, Paramedic-man

I love that name. It is inspiring....
fades off into a dream sequence

WHAOA!! that was actually a bit of a NIGHTMARE...

How about that Bobby Troup? (2nd from left)
The voice behind the classic track "Route 66"
if I'm not mistaken...

Old farts UNITE

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted December 30, 2002 17:24     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
You took the words right out of my mouth! Welcome, glad to have you here Same to you Randolph! If either of you are interested in trading puffy pirate shirts, please see King Kula

Thank's, and i just downloaded the other two songs and I got cold chills! I was a little skeptical concerning Rebel Robot but the other two Rawk very hard. Oh, I've got my own pirate shirt straight from the Clouds In My House video.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan