my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "The Multiverse" - full track listing

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "The Multiverse" - full track listing
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 30, 2002 09:28     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey y'all. My big bro just sent me the full track listing for The Multiverse, and I thought I'd pass it along:

Gasmask Revival
Facing Up
Blame Us
Real Again
Rebel Robot
The Multiverse
I Don't Wanna Wake Up
Les Cigares Volants
Divine Sun
Reactor
Invisible Planet
Strange And Ironic
We Carry On

Some pretty cool titles in there, no doubt! The guy my brother got this listing from is expecting a FULL copy of the CD fairly shortly. Lucky guy!

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 30, 2002 10:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, is this going to be a theme album? It's interesting to see the line up of songs and try to figure out if there is a story behind it and the song titles are like chapters of the book. It's interesting to see where the 3 songs we were given fall into place...this leaves a lot of room for the other songs to be VERY DIFFERENT and heavier.
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 30, 2002 12:47     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to know what '' Les cigares volants '' Translated as '' Flying cigars '' will talk about . Missiles , bombs and stuff !? or it will be instrumental like most of voivod's french titled song ? can't wait ! can't wait ! I hope it will be a cool instrumental piece with alot of accordion , that would be cool ... just dreaming ...
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 30, 2002 13:38     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm pretty certain that 'flying cigars' refers to historical eyewitness accounts of UFOs, some of which were described as looking like flying cigars.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 30, 2002 14:37     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about an Accordian run through a Distortion Pedal? That would be wicked!

I must say that the names of these songs sound so much like the 'Fix my Heart' variety of Voivod songs.
I am hoping that looks are deceiving here.
Think about it...'Real Again' sounds like it could be an 'Adult Contempoary Top-40' song.
(Now watch it turn out to be a totally mind-blowing sonic attack of bloody brutality.)

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 30, 2002 15:52     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
[QB]How about an Accordian run through a Distortion Pedal? That would be wicked!
QB]

It IS wicked! The other guitar player in my old band had a kick-ass accordion and we recorded some fucked up shit with it. We used a Fat Cat distortion pedal, a Boss SE-50 and for one track we put it through an Envelope Fliter! It sounded great even through his shitty 4-track, but he doesn't know what happened to the tape and I have no copies!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 30, 2002 19:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I once ran a recording of a Boulez composition through my distortion pedal. Sounded like whales mating.

Hey, how is Kane's big bro(Mantooth?)getting an advance copy of Multiverse? Or did I read that right? What is he in the mob?

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted January 03, 2003 03:09     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
Hey y'all. My big bro just sent me the full track listing for The Multiverse
[snip]
The guy my brother got this listing from is expecting a FULL copy of the CD fairly shortly. Lucky guy!

What kind of guy is this and where did your brother meet him?! *envy*

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 03, 2003 08:22     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's the deal - my brother knows a guy from another metal board who hooked him up with the track listing and mentioned that he (the guy my brother knows, not my brother himself) expects to get a full copy of Multiverse "any day now". When that'll happen? Who knows. I'm sure that if I manage to get my hands on it, I might be inclined to share the wealth...
Randolph Mantooth
VoivodFan
Member # 168

posted January 03, 2003 08:32     Profile for Randolph Mantooth   Email Randolph Mantooth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's no big deal to reveal my source - it's King Fowley from the band Deceased. He's going to be reviewing The Multiverse for Metal Maniacs magazine.
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 03, 2003 10:05     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, what he said!
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted January 03, 2003 13:18     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey there's a cool review of Voivod @ the Ritz '86 on the new Deceased site
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 04, 2003 04:14     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Will Away ever age? He still looks the same, minus a few locks here and there of course. (oh but I forgot he does have some "gray" nowadays doesn't he?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan