my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » BLACKY!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BLACKY!
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted December 29, 2002 14:54     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where did you bought your first bass???
 |  IP: Logged
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 02, 2003 20:26     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You mean the bass I used on the December 1984 video and for W&P recording? That was an ElDegas, Fender copy which I purchased for $299 at Steve's Music Store. I gave it to Manipulator, and he still has it.
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted January 03, 2003 11:02     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yup, it's MINE, ALL MINE !!!

along with his first studded strap, wich is the only piece of blacky studded leather of that era in existence, because numbskull here put the whole thing in the trashh, aaarrrgggghhh!

Have you tought about the poor people in the costume department of madame Tusseaud? it's going to be a lot of work for them !

Chaosmönger
VoivodFan
Member # 166

posted January 03, 2003 12:03     Profile for Chaosmönger   Email Chaosmönger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Blacky! How much for your Liberatore Blower bass? Hahaha...
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted January 04, 2003 18:29     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it still open this store, Blacky??? What is the location? Jonquière?

"Thrash Or Die!"

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted January 04, 2003 19:03     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nah, follow the link: http://www.stevesmusic.com/

they're renovating the website (wich is an excellent idea, since it sucked) so not much there for now. the store is well worth a visit if your a gear slut.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 04, 2003 19:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Manip,
Do you actually play Blacky's bass or do you have a shrine set up in the back room with candles and incense(I'd also add a big Korgull flag)?

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted January 04, 2003 19:30     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he he

yup, i do play with it since he repaired it and tuned it for me

having quite a bit of fun playing it trough the "brown effect" Ibanez UE405, compressor, chorus, eq, analog delay.

i can play blitzkrieg bop almost entirely, and little bits and pieces. I play my own version of "voivod". he tried very hard to teach me, but i'm a hopless case.

i just have a deep and enduring love for the music and the gifted who craft it. I happen to be lucky and witness wizards all the time.

eh, can't blame me for that can you ?

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted January 06, 2003 03:21     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
You mean the bass I used on the December 1984 video and for W&P recording?

What December 1984 video?! The "Voivod"-promo clip (I've never seen it myself, only read of its existence)?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 06, 2003 10:13     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manipulator:
(...)i can play blitzkrieg bop almost entirely(...)

Damn! Did you ever think of TEACHING Blacky some licks???

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 06, 2003 11:26     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, what december '84 video? And why dont I have it? *stares at JY*

Actually, i think i may have that Jonquiere show (mislabelled as '85), cuz there's the white bass there, but it's not used.. It,s on a rack behind Blacky. And december '84 was also one of the two Morgoth Invasion shows (Dec. 21st and 22nd, i think), the set and the sound on both the morgoth invasion tape and the video are very similar. So maybe the audio was recorded the first night and the video the next day? The video isnt complete tho.. I think just 60 minutes.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 06, 2003 12:41     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :

Damn! Did you ever think of TEACHING Blacky some licks???

Good grief....

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 06, 2003 13:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manipulator:
he he

yup, i do play with it since he repaired it and tuned it for me

having quite a bit of fun playing it trough the "brown effect" Ibanez UE405, compressor, chorus, eq, analog delay.

i can play blitzkrieg bop almost entirely, and little bits and pieces. I play my own version of "voivod". he tried very hard to teach me, but i'm a hopless case.

i just have a deep and enduring love for the music and the gifted who craft it. I happen to be lucky and witness wizards all the time.

eh, can't blame me for that can you ?

HELL NO BUDDY!!! You're one lucky dude.

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted January 06, 2003 18:30     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it possible to have that Voïvod video?

"Thrash Or Die!"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan