my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod video to be released!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod video to be released!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 23, 2002 13:05     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now this is exciting and I certainly hope this happens... From the Chophouse Voivod Diaries:
quote:
Now, one week later, The Chophouse staff and Surfdog folks have been planning the assault to bring the metal to the people, including plans for the first VOIVOD video, promo releases, touring festivals, etc. I am stoked!!

Of course there's more to read, but the above line caught my attention! It's good to see that this may FINALLY happen! Promos, live shit, hell yeah! Give me!

Read the rest
HERE!

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 26, 2002 18:40     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Video is great news!

I asked Piggy about that back in October and he said everyone was asking about the Video!
They were working on one.

This is good because Voivod DEFINITELY need a DVD.

Great news indeed.
Its a good time to be a Voivod fan.
2003 is the Year of the Multiverse!

stevefrehley
unregistered

posted January 02, 2003 21:12       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i was talking to Away over the xmas holidays. he said they filmed a bunch of stuff in the studio, but weren't planning on making the cd with bonus footage. hopefully they'll put out a dvd later with some of this. he was very excited about the new cd and said he was real happy with the sound. said it took 20 years to get the sound he wanted on tape. the day i saw him he was waiting for the final version of the album to arrive from jason.he's a real nice guy, and i hope the new album does well for them.
IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 02, 2003 22:36     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Away's Drums DO sound great!
Maybe have something to do with that old GRETSCH set he was playin?
Brian Dobbs really did a good job Recording them.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 03, 2003 02:22     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Brian Dobbs really did a good job Recording them.

Yeah, but the MIGHTY Newsted produced it!

And what about Piggy's guitar sound? It sounds really crisp and bright...pretty fucking good imho!

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted January 03, 2003 09:07     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PET HATE !!!!!

PRETTY PLEASE RELEASE THE DVD IN A FORMAT THAT CAN BE PLAYED ON UK MACHINES (Reg 2 I fink? )

It's bad enough that UK promotion sux without sending off for a DVD I cant play. Might have to get my PS2 chipped

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 03, 2003 10:22     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You don't need a chip, you can just buy a 'Region X' DVD which installs drivers to play DVDs from any region. Plus it's legal.
Thats what I may do instead of waiting years and years for a UK friendly Live Shit DVD .

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted January 07, 2003 10:49     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Way cool - any chance you could send me details???
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 08, 2003 08:24     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Walk into a games or DVD shop that sells PS2 stuff. There should be one somewhere...
In other words, I'm not sure about the exact details. But Official Uk PS2 magazine had a feature on it somewhere...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 08, 2003 09:27     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They've got a little pack you can buy in my local game shop for PS2 that lets you play any region dvd. I'm thinking of picking one up myself. Could come in handy. Why they have to have different regions in the first place is just pure fucking greed anyway.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan