my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » X-Mas Metal Fest

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: X-Mas Metal Fest
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 23, 2002 09:30     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yesterday: X-Mass Metal Fest
Today: me typing this trying to remember what happened yesterday.

Well...saw 5 bands (there must have been 12 which I couldn't see all because they worked with 2 stages):

Immolation - Finally saw them live! They played 6 songs, 5 of them from their 'Unholy Cult' album and an old one (Into Everlasting Fire). Although they opened, they had good sound and light show. Band itself played extremely well, too!

Kataklysm - Despite some technical problems, they delivered a strong set. I don't have any of their albums but I think they played mainly recent stuff. Lots of energy and some nice playing after all.

Hate Eternal - The new kings of death metal? Relentless speed and aggression coupled with great songwriting and musicianship. Sidenote: they could use a second guitar player on stage IMO. Especially during the solo's.

Exodus - Never saw them before. Anyway they stopped all discussion about reunion bands still being relevant. Simply by being one of the best acts of that night. Okay, they played mainly songs from their first album but a new song from their upcoming studio album proved they can still deliver the goods. Also they were the most enjoyable LIVE act in terms of public interaction and stuff like that.

Macabre - The kings of Murder Metal! One of those absolute cult acts everyone has to see live once! Classic songs from all their albums and some nice new tunes dedicated to all your favourite serial killers. Great public interaction also and total crazines overall. Now, where's my chainsaw?

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 23, 2002 10:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Angel,

Sounds like a killer show! Hey, who was singing for Exodus? I was kind of wondering after Paul's demise who would take his place. Guess I need to go to their website and find out eh? Thanks to my buddy X-D, I got to hear ANOTHER LESSON IN VIOLENCE, so I can imagine how cool they were live.

Were you implying Macabre used a chainsaw on stage? Wow! This I have to check out.

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted December 23, 2002 10:37     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lucky you!!
I really wanted to see Exodus and Macabre but they didn't play in Paris, and I couldn't move to another show...
Argh it's so frustrating

Did you get the "Macabre Minstrels" CD? (see www.murdermetal.com )

I'm gonna kill you
just because I want to

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 23, 2002 12:49     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Macabre didn't really use a chainsaw but were violent enough without one. I just wished I had one just for fun. Haven't got the 'Macabre Minstrels' by the way. Hope to get that one too. New studio album to be recorded in Februari by the way.

About Exodus: their current singer is of course Steve 'Zetro' Souza, who else could follow up Paul Baloff? And of course he did a great job (especially as frontman).

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 23, 2002 15:48     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Macabre are just one of the craziest bands on the planet. Saw them live last summer. It was 35degrees but still the bassplayer was giving it all in a woolen lumberjack jacket and hat. And the singer in his red old-fashioned underwear. Hilarious...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan