my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Howdy!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Howdy!
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 21, 2002 10:17     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey all! I'm new here, but some people'll probably recognize me from The Chophouse...
I'm really looking forward to The Multiverse, but my favourite album so far has to be Dimension Hatross... then again, it's the only one I have (they're really hard to find in the UK!).
Laterz!

|  IP: Logged
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 21, 2002 10:55     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi and welcome to the greatest place for voivod fans , voivodfan forums ( voivod.com forums are so lame with all these mettallica '' fans '' bashing voivod ... )

I hope too that the multiverse will be something amazing , you know something where we'll finally see voivod on the next MTV video awards show , right after Eminem's performance ...

Anyway , here is where i found most of my old voivod CD ( you can't listen to voivod without listening to their '' Nothingface '' album ! ) :

Voivod stuff on ebay

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 21, 2002 11:20     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum.

Killing Technology is another crucial CD to own.
This is where they really started to put meaningful song structuring together,
and their imaginations really began to bloom in full force.

Here is a good way to obtain:

CD Universe Voivod Search

This is preferable to ebay, because:

a. you will most likely pay less
b. Voivod will make a few cents on the deal

They ship internationally, for a reasonable shipping rate.

To The DEATH!!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 21, 2002 12:32     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the recommendations guys!
Yeah, the big M's fans are bashing Voivod left right and centre all over their own forums too (yes, I'll admit, I like pre-90's Metallica) - because apparently, Metallica are better because they've sold more records .

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 21, 2002 18:18     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey there! Welcome to the best place on the 'net! Don't feel bad about liking pre-'90's Metallica. I think one or two folks here do as well.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 21, 2002 18:57     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome! Buy all VoiVod records! You'll love 'em.

BTW: I like all Metallica stuff from the 80s and even a few songs from 'The Black Album' (crucify me for this). After that I lost all my interest in this band. I like other music now. No more discussion on this point. I guess Jason's laughing his ass off about all this VoiVod/Metallica competition stuff.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 22, 2002 06:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WELCOME TO THE BEST VOIVOD SITE IN THE 'MULTI' UNIVERSE!!!

Glad to see another 'victim' has joined the crew!!!

Enjoy your journey thru the music...it's a trip!!! After digesting Dimension Hatross, Nothingface, Killing Technology, The Outer Limits and even Angel Rat, you will soon agree that Voivod is musically a much more talented, intellectual, and better band than almost anyyone else!!! It's not how many you sell, it's the quality of your work.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 22, 2002 09:17     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
True, record sales (especially today ) mean next to nothing... take Disturbed for example. 2 million sales!? How!? They're just doing exactly the same thing that the other 100 crappy pop-metal bands are doing...
But Kerry King in that Sum 41 video has just killed any respect I had for that man as a person...
Yeah, Voivod already sound alot more musically complex than a lot of the bands I've heard... definitely substance over style! (although they have a lot of that too... )
Thanx for the link, hex! They have a lot of good stuff...

JasonsAngel
VoivodFan
Member # 144

posted December 22, 2002 11:41     Profile for JasonsAngel   Email JasonsAngel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heya Lycanthropy! Well, record sales don't mean that a band is good..IMHO. Y'know what? I'll always be a big fan of Metallica's but I'm one of the very few who is gonna give Voivod a fair shake. I wanna do all I can to get the word out there for Voivod and I hope others will do as well. The Vod guys have had many struggles and have worked their ass off and I have so much respect and admiration for Voivod for pulling through all these years and keeping it real. Jason will be a BIG help to them, as far as getting the word out goes and that, my friends, is what Voivod deserves.

I was thinking about listing voivodfan.com on the Jasonites as the best site for fans and up to date information on the band. I'm not going to give Yuri the pleasure of being on our site Just in case some of you here don't know, The Jasonites is a VERY respected fan site for Jason and even he, himself has praised it on interviews. Right now, I'm working on getting an interview set up for the Jasonites with all of the Voivod guys and will be posting more about that soon. So when things are set and in place, I'll let ya'll know so you can chip in with questions of your own.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 22, 2002 12:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jasons Angel...
That sounds really cool! I look forward to it.
Yeah, Voivod do deserve to get some recognition for theyre years of Sonic Assault on the Human Anatomy.

Lycanthropy...Welcome aboard voivodfan!

Cheers!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan