my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Nothingface demos???? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Nothingface demos????
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 20, 2002 09:53     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My brother started a thread on another forum about the Angel Rat demos, and several posts down the line came a reply from King Fowley of Deceased, with mention of him having some demos from Nothingface that Blacky gave him back on the Hatross tour. Here's the link:
http://www.visualj.net/laplandmetal/viewtopic.php?t=2664

He included a lovely mug shot of himself with Blacky from back in the day, too. Handsome dudes!

So, I guess the question here is - does anybody else have these demos??? Gimme gimme!

|  IP: Logged
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted December 20, 2002 10:30     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
4 songs on that Nothingface demo and they are amazing. I have them here some place in one of those big boxes of old cassettes that everyone seems to have from the 80s. I'll look for it this weekend.
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 20, 2002 10:54     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool indeed! Gotta love the VVF crew - always generous! I'd share my Voivod rarities, but I only have one (the Boston 1990 show), and I gave it to Yuri several months ago. I have no regrets about it, since hopefully some of you guys got to hear that show for the first time, only I wish I had donated it HERE instead of THERE. Oh well.

Actually, there's a funny story that came out of donating the MP3s of that show to Yuri. He told me that he'd send me some bootlegs of his to return the favor. He ended up sending me one CD, and it was a CD-R of the SAME BOSTON SHOW I GAVE HIM. Hoo-ah!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 20, 2002 12:07     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Vodheads!

Well, I have a 4-song Nothingface demo, already on cd, that I got from Spudboy in a trade some time ago! I think I might actually have it ripped to mp3(192kbps) too! Why I haven't posted it already I have no idea.

I can't remember which songs off the top of my head... I'm know Nothingface is on there, I'll have to grab it on my lunch break and post up the song titles.

Imran X, we should compare track listings! It would be cool as hell if we had some different tracks on our demos that we could share!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted December 20, 2002 16:31     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D, the tunes that you sent me from the Nothingface demo's are...
1: Nothingface
2: Sub-Effect
3: Into My Hypercube
4: X-Ray Mirror

If I had some webspace, I could post them. They're already on my computer.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 20, 2002 16:43     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, why arent they in my computer?

Post em before sunday (cuz i'm takin' off for two weeks).

Dont make me say "please".

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 20, 2002 16:44     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Greg!

Uploading as I type this... Halfway there! Links coming within' the next 1/2 hour!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 20, 2002 16:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D, as always, going above and beyond the call of duty...

Damn, we got cool people on here!!!!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted December 20, 2002 16:52     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh right on, X-D! I'm checking on how to post some stuff for some other people. I need to get web savvy.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 20, 2002 17:25     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, i'm running an FTP server with lot's of noise on it, 3 gigs of videos people can mail me about. Send me the stuff and i'll fix it.
I'm living in Europe so if there's any problems with the the server being up ( it's in my bedroom, noicy ),try from 03.00 AM to 6.00 PM. If you want this, just mail me and i'll open an account. No problem.

Oops. X-D fixed it

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 20, 2002 17:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who loves Ya!!! A Voivodfan exclusive... Nothingface Demos!

HERE!!!

Fuckin' enjoy an' shit! Merry beer drinking yadda yadda yadda! LOL!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 20, 2002 18:08     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D, you truly are a king among kings.
Thanx dude!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 20, 2002 18:29     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mike and everyone else involved.
Love y'all.

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted December 20, 2002 18:47     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
General X-D for president!
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted December 20, 2002 18:49     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks a million times!
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 20, 2002 21:24     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D, you come through yet again. Thanks! Can't wait to listen to these...
Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 20, 2002 22:19     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awesome.......
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 21, 2002 06:02     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You made my day!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 21, 2002 06:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D IS DA MAN!!!!
MY COLLECTION WOULD NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT HIS EXISTENCE!!!

THANX

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 21, 2002 11:14     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
8*)

P.s. I love you X-D ( in a friendly way )

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted December 21, 2002 13:22     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:

Actually, there's a funny story that came out of donating the MP3s of that show to Yuri. He told me that he'd send me some bootlegs of his to return the favor. He ended up sending me one CD, and it was a CD-R of the SAME BOSTON SHOW I GAVE HIM. Hoo-ah!

Similarly, I sent Yuri the Hamiltion & Toronto shows from this year, thinking that he'd post them for all to enjoy (we had discussed that, and all seemed cool). I didn't want anything in return (just wanted to let other fans check out the return of Snake, really). But, he said he'd send me a list of live tapes, so I could pick some stuff in return. He never sent me the list, which doesn't bother me too much. But he never posted any of the shows (not even a song or two). That bugs me. Fortunately, X-D posted the Hamilton show several months back. Hopefully everyone dug it. (I sure did!)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 22, 2002 06:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had also set some cool stuff to Yuri because it was suppose to be "shared" with everyone...but guess what? IT NEVER WAS!!! That's why I'm here and not there!!! This site is a "community" not a "communist society".

This site was one of the highlights of 2002!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 23, 2002 05:21     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice one X-D! How long are you gonna have those up? I don't have time to download them all right now. It'll probably take me a few days! My modem sucks.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 23, 2002 06:00     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are really cool... I like listening to really old demos of songs (like the ones on the Killing is my Business... reissue. Smell the quality lol )!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 23, 2002 12:12     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the kind words! It's nothing but fun posting this stuff for everyone to hear! Damn sure we've all sweated out trades and shit trying to get our hand on rare Voivod goodies!

No worries H! They are on my personal server so they can stay up as long as needed! These are some much sought after ones, so I will leave them up for a while.

Thanks Spudboy for the great tunes! Although we traded these some time ago, your the reason they are now available to all of us here! Much respect!

I have a 1993 Outer Limits show that fellow Vodhead Shiva sent me recently too, which I am hoping to post before my X-Mas break! I've just been having a lot of computer issues lately and haven't had much time for anything cool.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan