my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » new foofighters song

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new foofighters song
stevefrehley
unregistered

posted December 16, 2002 00:11       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
maybe i'm crazy and maybe you guys have already talked about this , but has anyone noticed that the first single from the new foo fighters cd uses those very familiar "piggy chords"? not the start of the song , but once it kicks in. sounds like the voivod influence to me. knowing he worked with them on probot, it would make sense.
IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 16, 2002 09:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grohl is a VOIVOD fan so I'm sure influences come thru when he's writting; either on purpose or sublinally...the song rocks...IMHO.
 |  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 16, 2002 09:51     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apparently it sounds alot like that tune Snake recorded the vocals for on the Probot project, too.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 16, 2002 11:03     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I noticed that too. I tried to convince this guy at work who is a big Foo Fighters fan, but he's not familiar enough with Voivod to understand. I played Angel Rat for him and he liked it. Don't think I converted him yet.
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 16, 2002 12:43     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, the song definitely uses some "piggy-style" chords, but other than that the song doesn't sound like a Voivod song at all... Good stuff 'tho!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 16, 2002 14:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree about the chords but I can't say I like the song. It sounds like so much of what the Foofighters have put out that it bores me to tears. And that video with the big graphic panels behind the band is boring too. Boooooring.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan