my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » David Vincent back to Morbid Angel???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: David Vincent back to Morbid Angel???
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 15, 2002 19:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, this would fit better in the Death Metal Forum, but I'm soooo happy with the news that I just HAD to share them with you all.

quote:
Originally posted on www.roadiecrew.com:
Vocalist and bassist David Vincent appears to be returning to the Morbid Angel fold, according to strong rumours circulating in both USA and Europe. In addition, Glen Benton (Deicide) quoted, during an interview for a Finnish magazine, that David's comeback is already certain.

Supposedly, David will return after ending his duties with Genitorturers, i.e., early next year.

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 16, 2002 00:20     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which are the two best Morbid Angel albums?
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted December 16, 2002 03:48     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blessed are the Sick and Altars of Madness if you ask me.

cool that David Vincent returns btw!

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 16, 2002 10:27     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Covenant was also very good. Later albums didn't really impress me personally though.
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 16, 2002 10:38     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Outcast, first two albums are their best... I like a lot all their previous stuff, like the godly "Thy Kingdom Come" 1987 demo, and some lives and rehearsal tapes I got through tape trading back in those years, prior to "Altars of Madness"... I wonder, Will Dave play with a skirt, like he does on Genitorturers?!?!? That would be funny...
Black Guard
VoivodFan
Member # 113

posted December 17, 2002 03:53     Profile for Black Guard   Email Black Guard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I liked a lot Steve and I was sad to learn that he left the band. Dave is like a trademark in Morbid Angel, something very classic, but I don't know if he should return to the band. The band's past is absolutely monumental and an unsuccesful return might ruin the great legend of Morbid Angel in a point.

As for their best album... nah I like them all, having different reasons for each one. But it's true that their first two were the most "original" and raw.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 17, 2002 08:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also like all of their albums, for a reason or another. Altars, Covenant and Domination come to mind at a first thought.

And, come on guys (especially 'Corpse), give David a chance! I'm sure he still has a lot to offer. Hope he leaves his skirt at home, though.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 17, 2002 09:05     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Things sure change when you switch bands
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 17, 2002 16:05     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That song (killer version, BTW) is from the upcoming MA tribute album. Krisiun will be on the album too.

Yummy...

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted December 17, 2002 18:07     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My opinion on M.A.:

- Abominations of Desolation is excellent thrash-metal-becoming-death-metal (1986...)

- Blessed Are The sick is certainly the "classic" M.A. album ("Brain Storm" ,in my opinion the best vocals in all Death Metal hystory... Dave Vincent rules!!!!)

- Domination is probably the more "voivodian" ("This mean war", Piggy's chords????)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 18, 2002 11:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought 'Alters...' ruled and 'Blessed...' ws a close second... after that I kinda stopped listening though, as the whole death scene became a little stagnant for a while. A band has to be fucking amazing for me to wade through growled vocals these days. Guess I'm gettin' old!
Here's a funny tale for you, I wore the 'Alters..' album cover t-shirt to work one day, and this acid house twat that I worked with came in tripping off his nut from the night before. He had to go home cause he thought all the faces on the shirt were muttering to him and it freaked him out too much! Serves him right for liking shit music!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 25, 2003 03:05     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the input guys. BLESSED and ALTARS are fucking off-the-wall, blistering. I feel like an idiot for never owning any of their albums. I'm getting COVENANT next.

So, is David Vincent still joining back???

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted February 25, 2003 17:54     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Domination

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan