my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Voivod-interview

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Voivod-interview
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted December 13, 2002 10:28     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new issue of German magazine Rock Hard contains a new interview with Voivod that was done during the mastering of "The Multiverse" in New York - and they didn't talk to Jason in case you were wondering!
Is anybody interested in me trying to re-translate it into English and posting it here?

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 13, 2002 10:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah! I know about 158 voivod fans who'd love to see that! Me included. Cheers!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 13, 2002 10:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HELL YEAH HADE!!!!! Talk to the Corpsemeister!
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted December 14, 2002 11:09     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, I'll go right at it! But beware, it might take a day or two (Let me tell you something: as soon as you have two kids your free time is just about gone!!!). As for the scan I'll have a friend of mine do one since this isn't available online - of course - yet! But hey, tat's what this great website's for!!!
All hail the mighty 'corpse!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 14, 2002 15:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's really cool of you TH, I'm looking forward to reading it! Warcorpse, make sure you encode it.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 14, 2002 15:41     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there TheHade.

Since i buy every metal magazine with the text “Voivod” on the cover i also bought the last issue of ROCK HARD. Let me try to help you by translating it for you. I am a dutchman translating German into English so if mistakes do not be offended....

Voivod, the machine dies at war.

Although Voivod was not allowed to do any interviews Rock Hard managed to get an interview. They spoke to Jason, James Mclean (Manager) and Away.

Jason:
I am the same age as the Voivod guys and am an fan since the early days. One day i asked them if they could see me together with the band and they said yes. We have a great time now and we write the songs together, something i cant say from earlier experiences.

James Mclean:
Jason will produce the new album. He is not asking any money for it and sees his dreams come true. He is doing it out of idealism.

Away:
We wrote 25 songs and 13 will come on the new “Multiverse” Album. We worked very hard and risked the fact that people would think we did no longer exist! We didn’t go on tour with other bands and worked only on the new album.
Next year will also give a new best of album.

Asked to James Mclean: How did Eric Forrest (had to) leave the band he replies: “Eric is doing fine”. Not much words for someone who helped Voivod out with the last fine albums and who nearly found his death in the German highway.

Mclean:
Steve Albini was going to produce the new album but then Voivod decided to split up short time. No one knew what the future would bring so Albini was out of the picture.

Away:
The new album will be progressive Metal. Do not worry. We are still a brutal band. The Voivod will die in a war. And the Voivod saga will be over……..
There are much questions for the future. We don’t know if Jason is staying with us to do a tour. But we will do a tour. We want to do North America and EUROPE (yippee !!!) at least.

This days the band exists 20 years and Away is very proud of that:

Away:
What makes me proud is that people say that after 20 years we still make music that is relevant. The world is waiting for our new album.

Mclean:
It must be very exiting to be a Voivod fan in these days.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 14, 2002 17:00     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, tnx for the translation but this doesn't say anything!

Well, new album on the way, I'm excited! How do you guys cope with that!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 14, 2002 17:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A cold shower once a day, eating lots of carrots, and spending time with my blow-up doll of Anna Nicole Smith. Boy, there is plenty of her to go around.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 14, 2002 21:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

There are much questions for the future. We don’t know if Jason is staying with us to do a tour. But we will do a tour. We want to do North America and EUROPE (yippee !!!) at least.

Didnt anybody get that?
Now...please go read this Thread i started in response to that called, 'Is Jason really a member of Voivod?'...over at Chophouse: http://pub23.ezboard.com/fthechophouse21878frm11.showMessage?topicID=40.topic

I for one am disapointed that Voivod may need to find another Bass player for the Tour.
-Unless that Bass player is Blacky, but thats not going to happen.-

Jason needs to do the Tour if he wants to be considered an Official Member of Voivod in my opinion.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 14, 2002 22:09     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ATTENTION!...Latest response from Chophouse to what i have said in my Thread there:

*Before anyone gets ahead of themselves, this interview with Rock Hard Magazine was done BEFORE the band went into pre-production at The Chophouse and BEFORE the official announcement that Jason had joined the band.

Tour scheduling WITH Jason is being worked on right now.

Happy Holidaze!

The Chophouse

:::

The Interview was not done in NY recently then?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 14, 2002 23:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another Clarification from, i believe, Jason himself (Using Steve's Username.):

No worries. Keep in mind, there's usually a 3 to 4 month lead time before a publisher can take an interview, get it into print, and then get the magazine onto the newstands. That's why we're doing press right now for issues coming out in March '03.

See you in Texas!

The Chophouse

:::

Killer! On with the show!
I look forward to this Tour.

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted December 15, 2002 14:46     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just sent my completed transaltion off to Warcorpse!
Thank you for your support, Paul! What the guys really said is probably in the middle between our two versions!
To Hexonxonx: the scan may take a while since I don't have a scanner myself but I won't forget it!
To King Kula: sorry if I promised too much in my first post, but after my first superficial read of the article I really thought it was done recently in New York (which couldn't have been true anyway but I was so excited to actually hold an actual interview with the 'VOD in my trembling hands... I guess you can understand my disorientation.). Now I see of course that all this is old news...
But it completes the collection here a little more, doesn't it?
I hope that is OK with everybody because now I) have to get back to my little daughter who's already crying her head off... and the dishes still have to be washed as well... What a life!
Hey, have a GREAT week everybody!!!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 16, 2002 00:10     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, thanks for taking the time Hell-guy. Like you said an article is an article for the collection, and this being THE best VOIVOD site on the world-wide-web. Don't let the kids drive you nuts.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan