my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » METAL DAY @ WORK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: METAL DAY @ WORK
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 12, 2002 19:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All this talk about all the old bands getting back together made be pull out a bunch of great cds for todays "music to frame art to"

COC - Wiseblood
Death Angel - Act III
Exodus - Fabulous Disaster
Overkill - Bloodletting (they still can 'rip & tear')
Museum Of Fear - Post Hypnotic Suggestion Box
Paw - Dragline
Deep Purple - Abandon
BOC - Cult Classic

it was a GOOD day

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 13, 2002 05:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Overkill seem to be "overlooked" a lot in the metal genre, but they've been very consistant. Aside from a bunch of stupid lyrics in some songs, they have always managed to produce some shredding releases. I'm gonna have to track down the new live dvd, I think it should be out now...or soon.

Is there a better on going theme than the "Overkill" songs (parts I - II - III - E.vil N.ver D.ies)that graced the first 4 albums? Nah!!!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 14, 2002 01:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to have Overkill's shirt: We Don't Care What You Say--Fuck You
I was 15 and my mom performed one of those room-raids that you only see in juvenile jail on TV and threw it away, along with Dio-Last in Line, Slayer-Root of all Evil (fuck I miss that shirt!), Exodus-Cannibal Bar and Grill. Her only excuse was that they were disgusting. No shit!!!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 14, 2002 02:52     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
All this talk about all the old bands getting back together made be pull out a bunch of great cds for todays "music to frame art to"

COC - Wiseblood

Nope, sorry "TECHNOCRACY!!"

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 14, 2002 02:57     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry, just thinking about "Happily Ever After"
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 14, 2002 05:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If COC didn't change their style from their early hardcore sound they would not be around today. There's only so much you can do before you become redundant when you pigeon-hole your band into playing hardcore. I'm not saying I don't like it (cause I do)but it's very limited (IMHO) as to how far you can take it before it all sounds the same.

My mom would just never wash my Iron Maiden shirts, and I've have to seek them out in the basement and ask her why she didn't wash them. Well, of course it was because she thought they were the DEVIL's band and she didn't want to see me wearing them. I then did my own laundry so I could wear the DEVIL's clothes!!! I love my Mom!!!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 14, 2002 10:09     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having a few friends over for some beer's later and needed to Sweep the place with my German dustsucker. These are looping in Winamp at the moment:
Destruction: Bestial Invasion
Venom: Speed King, Deep Purple cover
Voivod: Macrosolutions to megaproblems
Confessor: Collapse into despair
Celtic Frost: Into the crypt of rays
Confessor: Uncontrolled
Obituary: The end complete
Confessor: Alone

And it makes this shitty business a real pleasure

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 14, 2002 10:49     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man. All this talk about mothers and metal shirts has brought back a memory that only now is becoming funny to me. Back when I was 13, I saw the Scorpions on the 'Love at First Sting' tour (Bon Jovi opened! Ooh! Wasn't I lucky?). Anyways, I brought home a Scorps tour shirt with the image from the new album on it, the one where the guy is giving the lady a tattoo, and her boob is hanging out. I came home, threw the shirt over my chair in preperation to wear it to school the next day, and went to bed. When I got up the next day, the shirt was gone. I ran to Mom and asked what the hell was up, and she handed me my shirt. After putting it on, I realized that she had taken a black marker and filled in the boob. I ended up never wearing it.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 14, 2002 12:52     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do have this cool Satyricon shirt with the text 'Natural Born Misanthrope' but here in Holland no one seems to know what the word 'Misanthrope' means. I have to explain every time.

My mother doesn't know either. Also she doesn't like my Possessed and Morbid Angel shirts.

NP: Devin Townsend - Terria (beautiful album!)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 15, 2002 01:05     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For the Record: I love my mom too (now at least!) Even to this day she won't admit she threw the shirts away or gave them to charity (seeing poor immigrants kids walking around in old metal concert T's is always funny). She just says she doesn't know what happened to them
Anyways it's nice to know that we all lived through our teenage traumas dealing with controversial clothing!
BTW keepig to the thread, I want to know what Schroeder is taking to work next!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 15, 2002 17:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I mellowed out a bit on Saturday and spun some:
Europa String Choir - Lemon Crash
Janes Addiction - Janes Addiction
Budgie - Bandolier
Les Claypools Frog Brigade (the set with PF's "Animals")
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Kansas - Song For America

I'm off till Wednesday...but thinking of what I'll be taking!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan