my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod on MTV???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod on MTV???
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 12, 2002 06:20     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD Hit MTV News! - Dec. 12, 2002

While in New York City last week mastering "The Multiverse", VOIVOD sat down with Iann Robinson from MTV to film interview footage for a news segment about former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted's involvement with the group.

Scheduled air times for the segment are as follows (all times PST):

MTV
Thursday, Dec. 12:
3:50 a.m., 6:50 a.m., 10:50 a.m., 1:50 p.m.

MTV2
Thursday, Dec. 12:
3:30 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m.

"The Multiverse" is tentatively due to be released on Mar. 4, 2003 through Newsted's Chophouse Records.

|  IP: Logged
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 12, 2002 09:28     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool , i hope they'll do at least a little retrospective of the band , not just focusing on Jason ...
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 12, 2002 10:09     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If the MTV there is anything like MTV Nordic, they'll show a 5-second clip where Jason says "Hi! Rock on dudes!" while a brief "Former Metallica bassist joins a Canadian rock band" message flashes in the left corner of the screen. Then it's back to P.Diddy and his wardrobe again...
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 12, 2002 10:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'll be interested to see how Mtv presents this as well. Probably like Van said, haha. Does anybody still watch MTV anymore?
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 12, 2002 13:35     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wonder if those MTV (Metal Termination Vestibule) dudes could spell the name VoViod...eh...VoiVod right.

I'd also like to see P. Diddy interviewing Away (especially about his wardrobe).

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 12, 2002 17:38     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone will be taping this, right?

It's not often that MTV talks about VoiVoi

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 12, 2002 17:42     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I set my VCR on my lunch break, so I'm hoping to go home and check this out after work...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 12, 2002 18:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always click on MTV when I'm in the mood for hip hop or rap
...NEVER

I like what ya said on Chophouse, Warcorpse.
Metallica / Voivod would be a great billing and help Voivod out a lot with exposure, they would certain gain a new audience.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted December 12, 2002 22:27     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw the clip this morning before I went to work. Iann Robinson is the one who interviewed Jason. He said something to the effect that 3 months ago (I'm sure the interview took place some time ago) he would have considered rejoining Metallica if Hetfield would have approached him but now that the new Voivod domination is underway, he'd never return and said he'd pit Voivod against Metallica live any day!
Bring it on! They also played a quick clip of the Tribal Convictions video. Very cool. I was freaking out just hearing them say Voivod on television.

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted December 13, 2002 02:05     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
piggy would shut up those kirk hammet lovers,and maybe hammet.....
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 13, 2002 05:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody got the facilities to convert this into an mpeg / quicktime / real / anyoldshite movie to share?
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted December 13, 2002 06:47     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry h, I didn't get it recorded.
I'm pretty sure that they showed a clip of Piggy playing a double neck Liberatore. Was I seeing things? When did he use that?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted December 16, 2002 14:01     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They're probably running some old footage from the news piece they did on the Nothingface tour with Soundgarden and Faith No More back in '90. In that footage, Piggy is playing the red doubleneck live. I also saw him use that guitar on the Nothingface tour.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan