my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » how good is Dimension Hatross

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how good is Dimension Hatross
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 10, 2002 05:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Roger me relentlessly with the wrong end of a rake. This album is the best thing ever.
I know you all know that, but I'm blasting it right now and it is the finest collection of riffs ever created in the history of everness! Ever!
Just wanted to share that with you all. Thanks for your time.
Best album everrrrr!

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 10, 2002 06:17     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's right up there with 'Turbo'!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 10, 2002 06:26     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Roger me relentlessly with the wrong end of a rake.
Hahahaha! I knew DH will fuck up one's mind, that's why I keep listening to it

Cheers h!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 10, 2002 07:21     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyway h, a bit early to be pissed isn't it? Even for you! Been out with the 'Goblin again, have we?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 10, 2002 07:47     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh... Naaaa. I'm overhanging from last night. Had a cool evening drinking, smoking and playing riffs good and loud. Woke up this morning (da-da-da-da-daaa) and needed to blast some Hatross. I will never tire of that record. 14 years since I bought it and it still kills me every damn time. Genius.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted December 10, 2002 08:04     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cannot leave this thread w/out posting...
you're damn right h, Dimension Hatröss is the very best album of all times and just like you said, 14 years after, it still sounds fresh to my ears as well.
I have the impression that I hear a little bit more at every listen and heck it's a 4 digit number here...

how on earth can one create such a flawless masterpiece???

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 10, 2002 08:17     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its not an album that you can have on in the background. You need to be prepared to invest quite a lot of effort, sitting down and being sucked in.

I read the lyrics for the first time this year (after listening to it since 1989) and it completely did my fucking head in. Brilliant in every respect - I think every band want's their album to be as fully realised as this one.

Still, I'd not put it on so early in the day. That's what they recorded Nothingface for!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 10, 2002 09:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
It's right up there with 'Turbo'!

Can Turbo REALLY be matched?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 10, 2002 10:09     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Still, I'd not put it on so early in the day. That's what they recorded Nothingface for!

It was perfect this morning. I was still drunk from last night and in a great mood. I blasted it loud as soon as I got into work and it's amazing. Now my hangover is in controll so I'm listening to Nothingface! Hatross still tops it for me though. It's fucking perfect.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 10, 2002 11:17     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dimension is definitely my favorite Voivod album, and I consider it a masterpiece, all styles of music included... This album flows from the first note to the last one... Almost like one huge song, a soundtrack to a crazy space-o-delic epic... I still listen to it at least once a week and never get tired of hearing it after all these years... If the band decided to release a best of, they simply could re-issue DH and I'd be happy
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 10, 2002 22:53     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish DH sounded more like NF though.

(as far as Production goes)

Blacky's bass sound on NF will forever rule!

(even bringing into consideration what "sounds" Newsted will get for the new disc..it still won't matter)

HAIL NOTHINGFACE!!!

..and angelrat

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 11, 2002 05:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish Nothingface sounded more like Hatross!!
Both genius slabs of sound, but Hatross rocks that bit more. It's personal preference of course, but Hatross is the defining Vod release for me. Sooooo fucking killer. Thanks Away, Piggy, Snake and (of course) Blacky for giving us this beast. Tell that Newkid to pack his bags, get Blacky back in and drag Harris Johns back to Berlin!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 11, 2002 09:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahahah, I love that last sentence h! Hell, you hit the nail on the head there.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 11, 2002 09:46     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAIL ANGEL R...Oops! Wrong Thread.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 11, 2002 10:33     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The short answer is: 42!
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 11, 2002 17:00     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never forget your towel. EVER!

Well, it's a bit of an exaggeration to say 'Dimension Hatross' changed my life. After all it's a piece of plastic containing mathematically arranged noises, as all vinyls and cd's are. Still, there's something MORE than that.

Those noises soothe my braincells like nothing else ever will, have changed all my visions regarding music in general and always succeed to impress me every time I hear them. Those sounds, lyrics, concepts and energy succumbed me forever in Morgoth lands.

VOIVOD LIVES!!!

Drinking is a nice waste of time as well. Whatever the Sperm Whale would have thought...

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 11, 2002 18:07     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
I wish Nothingface sounded more like Hatross!!
Both genius slabs of sound, but Hatross rocks that bit more. It's personal preference of course, but Hatross is the defining Vod release for me. Sooooo fucking killer. Thanks Away, Piggy, Snake and (of course) Blacky for giving us this beast. Tell that Newkid to pack his bags, get Blacky back in and drag Harris Johns back to Berlin!!

My sentiments EXACTLY!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan