my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The SHOCKING Truth!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The SHOCKING Truth!
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 09, 2002 11:35     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Taken from Blubbymouth.com.

Voivod Faked!!

Canada's premiere 'Psychotropic Avuncular Mental Warriors' Voivod have been
found to be at the centre of band-faking scandal.
Originally thought to been founded in Quebec, by the four founding members of the band, they have maintained a loyal and vociferous following throughout the world, originally put down to inconoclastic brilliance of the music.
This, however, turns out to be a load of old kak.
Photographic evidence has proved the band to be nothing more than 4 crudely
decorated sock puppets. The man responsible, Stanley Crimson, was eventually caught on film in his Tipton, West Midlands home filming what is puported to be the bands latest video on a stolen 8mm camera with
several tramps playing the role of alien 'Greys'.
After claiming that he had released 12 albums and countless singles mistakenly, he eventually confessed to having conjured up the entire career of the band "because he was bored of what was on telly."
"It was difficult," he admitted "once I'd started and released 'War and Pain', it became really popular. I never expected that - I thought it was rubbish!
I like Leo Sayer and northern soul myself, oh and Carcass, they're allright, I guess."
"You'd never guess how hard it is to manipulate four sock puppets on stage or in a press conference." I point out that I would find it difficult to believe. "Well, I hoodwinked everyone with it for long enough! I got with more than that too; the supposed classic "Nothingface" was nothing more than an old Iron Maiden album, re-recorded faster and with the addition of me pushing a drumkit down a stairwell.
That 'famous' clinical sound is because I mastered it in a shed." He adds.
"The thing is, I have now genuinely tricked Jason Newstead into recording with 3 sock puppets - in his house. I'm not sure if I can get away with that one..."
At this, I remind him of Metallica.
"You're probably right, I suppose. I'll get another five or six albums out of him."
Asked if he has a favourite member he eventually responds, "After all this time I suppose it would have to be Blacky, this one here" He is holding up a tatty black sock, with woolly hair and a missing eye. "I made up the story that he left the band when my dog chewed a hole in his face."
Asked why he didn't just use a different sock he responds "I never thought of that."

Source:

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 09, 2002 11:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So the rumours that Blacky really quit Voivod to star in 'Ed the sock' are true?!!
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 09, 2002 11:53     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMG ... LMFAO !
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 09, 2002 11:55     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
So the rumours that Blacky really quit Voivod to star in 'Ed the sock' are true?!!

Suprisingly he ended up going solo and apparantly released several albums under a different pseudonym, and with a patch over the chew hole.
Or something.

Ok, I admit it, I made this up.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 09, 2002 12:00     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was the single most inane, useless assortment of words and phrases I have ever had the misfortune to suffer through.

Was there a point to this, or do we have on our hands some stir-crazy, Multiverse-Jonesing Voivod fans feeling the need to litter the boards with misfired attempts at irreverent, quasi-humourous, absurdist quips?

I am gonna go start a new hockey thread or something.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 09, 2002 12:04     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
That was the single most inane, useless assortment of words and phrases I have ever had the misfortune to suffer through.

Was there a point to this, or do we have on our hands some stir-crazy, Multiverse-Jonesing Voivod fans feeling the need to litter the boards with misfired attempts at irreverent, quasi-humourous, absurdist quips?

I am gonna go start a new hockey thread or something.

A hockey thread would be lovely, I'm sure.
Apparantly this whole thread has been faked,
including this response.

Bum
-x-

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted December 09, 2002 12:08     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Genius.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 09, 2002 12:10     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope you know I am messin' with ya.

It may have to do with the fact that I am today beginning my 9th straight week of "Lay-Off", and the holidays are coming down hard around here.

Or maybe it is all these new holes in my socks lately....

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 09, 2002 12:14     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, Tangento.
I took the criticism personally.
I've already decided to ignore every post you write, withholding ANY response.

Oh damn it!
This counts doesn't it!

God, I'm rubbish.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 09, 2002 12:26     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quit ripping off Infernal Combustion, man. It looks alot like something they would write, but of course much funnier.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 09, 2002 14:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All these years I thought I had a thing for shoes but in reality I'm hung up on a sock. Thanks for clearing up the mystery, BumEggs. (Shouldn't the topic title be 'The Socking Truth'? heh)
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 09, 2002 16:42     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ARGH, THE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

THAT'S IT FOR ME!!! I'M BECOMING AN AVRIL LAVIGNE FAN... MALLCORE RULEZ

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 10, 2002 00:47     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky didn't told us that after he left the band , he got a job in the USA as a cameraman and got fired cause the main actress was always deconcentrated by the sexyness of this lovely cameraman .

Here's a proof :

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 10, 2002 01:33     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scoop :

After he left the band , Snake tried to assassinate Canada's Prime Minister ( for reasons that we still don't know ) . Unfortunately , Snake got stopped by 2 retired RCMP's before he could do anything .

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 10, 2002 01:59     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

The producers became convinced that it was not Blacky's fault after all that the actress could not concentrate since she was still a few bricks short of a load after he left the set. This was confirmed by the fact that she was constantly humming "Kickstart my Heart" and "Dr. Feelgood." Realizing their grave mistake, the producers asked Blacky to come back to work. But he was no longer content to be behind the camera. Ever since he was a boy in Jonquière he had dreamed of being the next Remy Girard and he wanted to try his hand at running in slow motion on the beaches of La Florida. So he replaced sexy actor David Charvet who was resuming his music career in France "where he is a popular recording star and the girls love him." As you may know, the myth has it that the French have more kinds of cheese than you can shake a baguette at.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 10, 2002 04:37     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You wait till thgis joke comes true.
She's marrying her way through enough rockstars. The law of averages states that she will wed at least two members of Voivod.

They deserve better, but you can't fight mathmatics.

Britny
VoivodFan
Member # 32

posted December 10, 2002 10:40     Profile for Britny   Email Britny     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! I never knew all these little secrets about the VoiVod boys. Blacky you devil you! I hope you didn't give in to that little bitch. What was it like working with Hasselhoff? Did he really start drinking bloody marys at 9am? And on a side note, who is doing your hair now? Do they think you're John Cusak or something. Don't they know you're an ex-rocker? Like throw in some highlights or something. Anything but that UHHHHHHH whatever it is now.
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 10, 2002 15:09     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since there was already a bass player in this band , Blacky had to learn how to play the guitar and kill one of the members . Mr. Mark David Chapman was found guilty instead of Blacky .

( sorry if this one is cheap , i'm in a hurry and gttg to work soon some more when i'll be back )

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 11, 2002 08:26     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stuff!
Where did you get the pic of Blacky in an Accused t-shirt?
Man, that is fucking PRICELESS!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 11, 2002 10:32     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's scan taken from voivodfan . I had to rebuild Blacky's left arm for this one . heh .

Here's the original pic :

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 11, 2002 12:36     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Echo-Vedette :

quote:
Jean-Yves Thériault thinks of a new career in tele-evangelism !

At the last Jimmy Swaggart's event in Montreal , Jean-Yves Thériault has been seen in the crowd , hypnotized by Mr. Swaggart's words of wisdom and love while learning every aspect of the job of a tele-evangelist . We wish him good luck and lots of bucks . Don't forget , you read it first in Echo-Vedette , le journal des vedettes au Québec !

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted December 12, 2002 11:50     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does the Echo-Vedette comes with a bag of fromage en crotte?

I liked this topic, thanks!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan