my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » All these demos...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All these demos...
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 09, 2002 10:50     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello there.
Having found myself pouring intently over 4 songs to find "the hidden Voivod", so to speak - I've subsequently discovered a few
*genuine* other things on BOTH 'Vod sites.

These include the infamous "Angel Rat Demos"
I've long read about - it was worth the wait;
and a few recordings of Piggy's own.
(a top insight into just how the man structures that music - genius!)
How much of this stuff exists??
Bearing in mind how lazy I am, especially wading through 2 officially unofficial forums and all the politics therein, attempting to find these gems.

Does anyone have anymore info on these fantastic archive recordings.

Bum
-x-

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 09, 2002 11:13     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you want to know exactly, Bum?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 09, 2002 11:38     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty much everything you need to know is written in these archives somewhere. If you have any specific questions, just ask away (I don't mean the drummer, I mean... oh fuckit! You know! ). With the wealth of 'Vod knowledge flying around on this site, you're bound to find what you're after.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 09, 2002 11:52     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only demos I knew about were the original recordings for Angel Rat we've all been after for so long. Anyhting else would be a bonus.
Are there many more Piggy demos? Most of the links in that thread were down, only 3, 5 and 6 still working I think.

What of these tween "Angel Rat" and "TOL" demos, also that never last completed album with Eric. All very worthwhile, I'm sure.
Are there others?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 09, 2002 14:37     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BumEggs:

Are there others?

They're somewhere in the sock drawer.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 09, 2002 15:18     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BumEggs:
[qb]
Are there others?

They're somewhere in the sock drawer.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Oh dear.

I'm beginning to think that I've made a sock for own back. So to speak.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 10, 2002 10:04     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks mate,

I suppose a lot of the things we'd all like are covered by various copyright-minded publishers claws.

The only thing I have, that I've not seen mentioned is an early demo tape (pre-war and pain) with various cover versions (Mercyfull fate, Venom.)on it too.
The quality is poor from what I recall.

I've just re-checked those links; now all but one, the first one, work for me.

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted December 12, 2002 01:31     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the angelrat demo s are on the voivod site http://voivod.com/ubb/forum1/html/000808.html

if that don t work , go into the forum and check the 4 song demo on the net and its at the bottom of the page theres a link the the angelrat demo

what are those demos from warcorpse from?
what era?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 12, 2002 02:15     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the Piggy demos were done someime between AR and OL but I could be wrong.
piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted December 13, 2002 02:10     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
very very very cool thanx

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan