my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » not of this earth -sci fi movies tribute

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not of this earth -sci fi movies tribute
druillet
VoivodFan
Member # 123

posted December 07, 2002 17:29     Profile for druillet   Email druillet     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a box set with 3cd and a book with 41 bands .they play tracks inspired by movies.The tracks are almost all instrumental.In the book there is the story of science fiction.Movies and novels.And there is a special about "the prisoner" the english tv movie.Also a comic based on "the prisoner".the boxset is edited by Black widow records ,an italian label(www.blackwidow.it)
The bands in the opus are (not all,of course):
\hawkwind:this is hawkwind sonic attack-inspired by"when world collides"
\st37:the pursuit of maria-by "metropolis"
\candlemass lanet of the apes
\universal totem orchestra:lacrima di tempo-by"not of this earth"
\paul chain:ai confini della realtà-by"twilight zones"
\sun dial risoner theme
\alan davey:monster from id-byforbidden planet.
and many others
my regret is don't look voivod in this compilation.I'll send an e mail to the label for the future eheheheh.

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 09, 2002 19:42     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sounds pretty cool! I actually just made a CD of SCi-Fi, Fantasy and Horror movie themes. Found some cool MP3's over the last couple of years so I decided to burn 'em. Not covers though, the originals. Got so many that Volume 2 on the way! Just looking for a few more Horror themes like Friday The 13th, Hellraiser, Nightmare On Elm Street and some others.
 |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan