my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » THE CREATOR HAS A MASTERTAPE...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE CREATOR HAS A MASTERTAPE...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 05, 2002 06:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

On PORCUPINE TREE's latest cd IN ABSENTIA there is a track titled "THE CREATOR HAS A MASTERTAPE" that everyone needs to 'experience'. The song is a total mind blower...twisted, demented, heavy riff driven, groove oriented, ripping solo, lyically visual, and it shows this band can write anything!!! "The Creator Has a Mastertape" takes you on a journey with a serial killer and his violent acts...I know your interested NOW, with music and words that fit like straight jacket!!!

I just can't stop listening to this track and I'm sure you will be hooked once you hear it. If you haven't purchased the cd IN ABSENTIA, it is worth the price of this song alone (although you'll enjoy the entire cd...best of 2002, hands down).

The bands takes a step forward (or diagonally) on this song and really tears it up. Any VOIVOD fan will love this track and wonder why they waited so long to buy the cd.

European listeners will have an official release on January 13 2003, with the first copies being a limited edition 2 cd set with extra songs, that were not on the US release (yeah, I'll be getting an import version of that one).

So stop reading this and go get the cd so you can hear it!!!

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 05, 2002 08:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Errm... Any chance of a proper South American release?
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 05, 2002 13:24     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
European release January 13th? Fuck! I have to wait another month! At least we Europeans get some bonus stuff. I'm really looking forward to this one as I enjoyed their previous releases as well.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 05, 2002 18:49     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never got the chance to post a proper review of the Porcupine Tree show here in Seattle last week, but I will say that it was excellent!

Schroeder, they ended up having a full-on light show the sound was fucking excellent!!! A great show! And, although I was unfamiliar with most of the band's material, the appeal of this band in undeniable... and I picked up a copy of In Absentia, which I am listing to as I type this. There's a video on my cd that is bad-ass too!

My only complaint was that the venue they played in was waaay too small and totally packed (and hot!)!!! So bad was this that people were leaving because of the heat. After a bit of suffering, the wife and I found a nice spot at the bar where we proceded to drink and watch the band! I think by this time next year, many many more people will know about Porcupine Tree!

A couple of other funny notes... I wore my Negatron long-sleeve and got more positive comments about Voivod than at any show I've been to in a while (metal or not). Also, Wally from Nevermore (or formerly Sanctuary for you oldtimers) kept checking out my wife... to the point where she was saying shit like "who the hell is this guy!?", not knowing he was kind of a rock star dude until I told her... HAHA!

So, go check these guys out! Buy the new cd or see 'em if you get the chance. Etherial, heavy, ambient, rock, post-rock, who knows... they are definitly their own thing and they fuckin' jam!

BTW Schroeder, by the time I got in, all the posters were yanked... I did manage to get one smaller promo-poster for the album, but I imagine you already have one of these... If not, shoot me an email and I'll send it to you.

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted December 06, 2002 00:04     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man. They cancelled in Portland because the venue was too small for all of their gear. Supposedly they are rescheduling for the spring though...

The new Opeth is killing me.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 06, 2002 06:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Is this the poster GEN X? If not I'd love to have it.

Portland was cancelled because Steve Wilson was very sick and he didn't want to jepordized missing more shows, and also the other guitar player (John Wesley) had his father pass away and he had service to attend.

The fact that the venue was small had nothing to do with the cancellation. You should have seen how small Fletcher's in Baltimore is!!!

Glad to hear about the great experience X-D...PT certainly covers a lot of genres and so many different kinds of listers get into them.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan