my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 5ive

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 5ive
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 04, 2002 06:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went to hook up with some friends on Monday night and we ended up going into a gig where bands we'd never heard of were playing. It turned out that the headliners were Continuum Reserch Project - also known as 5ive. I never heard this stuff before and it blew me away live. The bassist from Isis was playing with them too. What a fucking gig. I now need to pick up the 5ive albums. Anybody know anything about them and want to recommend which recording I should check out first?
 |  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 04, 2002 08:01     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
5ive? Are you joking? Seriously? Not Backstreet Boys?

Aaah, I'm so fucking witty today. Sorry h, I just couldn't resist. Kill me if you will. Anyway, thanks for recommending them, I've never heard of this band. I must do some research of their music...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 04, 2002 08:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh! I know man. Apparently they have got a lot of stick for the boy band connection, that's why they've changed thier name. Fucking heavy as hell and well worth seeing if they pass through your town. Can't comment on their records yet, I'm about to order some though.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 05, 2002 07:34     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok am I missing something here?
Google has this 'Thing':

WTF?

There is NOTHING on the other name you gave,
Continuum Research Project.

WTF?

If it is real, then post a link, laddie!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 05, 2002 11:35     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know there's a shite boy band with the same name, I think that's why the metal 5ive are changing thier name to Continuum research project.
I just found the website for thier record label and ordered the back catalogue of stuff. There's an mp3 for download too. I'm downloading that now. Check it out here: http://www.tortugarecordings.com/

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 05, 2002 15:28     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that's more like it.
These guys sound very intriguing.
Thanks

And holy BUZZSAWS, Batman...
It is remixed by none other than
James Plotkin!

<--- awkwardly fumbles credit card out of wallet

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 05, 2002 15:56     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found this stuff:
http://www.stonerrock.com/store/info.asp?item_num=ATH-921&custid=914522.187&tempcustid=True&cartstatus=

Download the song 'Stockholm Blues.'

All the above from my favorite website: www.stonerrock.com

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 08, 2002 18:03     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, 5ive's The Homphiliac Dream is on the Scratch what's hot list right now too, guess I'll have to check it out...
http://cdn.scratchrecords.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=33450&CFID=58990&CFTOKEN=48183103

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan