my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Sucking the 70's

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sucking the 70's
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 03, 2002 09:47     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HANGNAIL is on this CD! (Great job, H!)

Synopsis:
An aural trip down memory lane... back to the good old days when Rock & Roll actually stood for something and you could get a groupie to give you head from Cleveland all the way to the New Jersey state line. No expense was spared for this one kids. We’ve gathered 35 bands, from 6 countries, across 4 continents to revisit the songs that were probably playing on your car radio when you first got laid (or some of you were conceived). From the first blast of guitar on Five Horse Johnson’s rendition of Mountain’s “Never in my life” to the last smoldering note of Gideon Smith’s take on Steppenwolf’s “The Pusher”, “Sucking the 70’s” is a rollercoaster ride through the classics that defined a decade.

Of special note are Scott Reeder’s (Kyuss, Unida) solo debut, Broadsword featuring J. Yuenger’s first released material since leaving White Zombie, and Clutch’s smoking re-invention of Jethro Tull’s “Cross Eyed Mary” as well as Spirit Caravan’s final recorded effort.” From ballads to bong hit’s this collection has everything...except Stairway. So, strap on your roller skates and dig out your lava lamps: The 70’s are back with a vengeance. Sorry, no eight track version, this baby clocks in at 156+ minutes of ass kicking rock.

Go here: http://www.stonerrock.com/store/info.asp?item_num=ATH-1361&custid=3322 35.816&tempcustid=True&cartstatus=

Download the killer version of 'Black Betty' by Throttlerod.

www.stonnerrock.com

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 03, 2002 11:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, this looks pretty good. You know, the only problem I had with Seventies rock were not the songs but the musicians performing the tunes.

So we got any Gram Parsons fans out there other than Miss Noitall? Cosmic American Country baby! That's as good as it gets for truck tunes. My all time favorite song is "Hickory Wind". And you know who did that one the best? No, not Gram but the bluegrass group the Seldom Scene(the live take they did). Geez, talk about harmony. I just tear up everytime I hear it. Course my tape of that has gone to shit. So some how I'm gonna have to break into the underground bluegrass bootleg trading scene. A very dark, scary trip I can assure you. I know one dude who could get me into the circle. My best friend's Nazi Uncle. You have to go to these festivals and deal with 60 yr. old, anti-government, paranoid, dope-smoking, ex-Vietnam Vets with white beards wearing caps that say USS Budweiser sitting around a campfires playing their mandolins. These are the people who have the good shit. Forget the internet for this.

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan