my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Newsted Says Voivod Singer "Like Yoda"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newsted Says Voivod Singer "Like Yoda"
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 02, 2002 13:03     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Okay, I can see it.

Newsted Says Voivod Singer "Like Yoda"

Friday November 29, 2002
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 02, 2002 13:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yoda Quotes (taking bets now on which ones make onto the Multiverse)

Wars not make one great.

Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things.

I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be doe.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

I won't fail you - I'm not afraid.

Oh, you will be. You will be.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?

Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.

You want the impossible.

I don't believe it.

That is why you fail.

When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not.

Twilight is upon me and soon night must fall. That is the way of things... the way of the Force.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 02, 2002 20:26     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake and the girlfriend retired in the woods to get rid of addictions? WTF? Either I've been living under a rock in the past years or this is new revelations on Snake's whereaobuts during the "off-Voivod" period...

Heh the guys don't have to tell the fans if they're a 2-dumps-a-day or once-a-week type of shiters, but I sure hope someone writes the "unauthorized" biography about Voivod some day...

Noitall, care to begin writing the Blacky part?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 02, 2002 20:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky, who's Blacky?

Were you under a rock covered in "snow"?

Did anyone else see that magazine article with Jason (sorry I can't remember what mag) where he says Piggy doesn't want to go home (because he likes California)? I know that US immigration laws probably won't allow Piggy to stay on, even if he applies for a green card as Jason's gardener or something, but couldn't Jasonic adopt him? I mean, if Angelina Jolie can adopt children from Thailand or wherever, can't Jason give a poor boy from Quebec a new home?

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted December 03, 2002 03:14     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I think that a very logical conclusion is that it sounds exactly like Metallica meets Voivod. I have retained the distortion, the constant bass distortion — a little tighter — but it's still there for Voivod the way it always was as far as Voivod goes. But, added to it, is the girth of the Metallica bass, the Black Album bass sound, those kinds of things that sound huge, huge, huge, an enveloping low end. So both things exist, something that was never there before for a Voivod album."
I dont know what to make of this statement.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 03, 2002 08:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Blacky, who's Blacky?

Were you under a rock covered in "snow"?

Did anyone else see that magazine article with Jason (sorry I can't remember what mag) where he says Piggy doesn't want to go home (because he likes California)? I know that US immigration laws probably won't allow Piggy to stay on, even if he applies for a green card as Jason's gardener or something, but couldn't Jasonic adopt him? I mean, if Angelina Jolie can adopt children from Thailand or wherever, can't Jason give a poor boy from Quebec a new home?

Hahaha, yeah, I was thinking the same thing. In fact, I sent a question out to the boys at the Choppinghouse about this. Hmmm..Piggy as gardener...that was a good one Nia.
Where was Jason getting this shit about Yoda? He says the funniest things sometimes. I still can't get over what he first said about the new VV album. You know the "its gonna be heavier than shit dude" comment.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 03, 2002 12:55     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is ANOTHER great example of Jase's great ability to communicate in words what he's thinking. My fav is the last line: Is this dude from Cali or what? Reminds me of some of my old surfer buddies.

On one of his best vocal performances, he says 'It's so good to see you again.' And I know what he means and we all know what he means. He's actually singing about the power of the music and what it does to people. But when he says that line, he's saying it to Michel, he's saying it to me, he's saying it to the crowd, he's saying it to the music, he's saying it to the microphone, he's saying it to his mind, he's saying it to the paper and pencil. I mean it's fuckin'... it's like that."

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 03, 2002 15:09     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KEEP IT HEAVY!!
KEEP IT METAL!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan